• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

I thought he was the more Iniesta type, play in a central 2/3?

----Coady--Williams
Byrne---Wallace----Ojo
----------Afobe

I saw him more as an attacking mid/left winger. A left sided version of what we expect Jed Wallace to be.

If he's got enough about him defensively to play in that role then he's very different to the play I thought he was (haven't seen a great deal of him).

I'd have that completely different with those four!

---------------Coady---------------

Williams-------------------McDonald

---------------Wallace--------------

Ken calls it a diamond but it's not really. In practice it'd be more like this:

Macca --- Coady

Wallace ------ Williams​

I don't see Coady as a defensive midfielder at all tbh. He's not going to sit in front of the back 4 at the base of a diamond.

I saw him more as an attacking mid/left winger. A left sided version of what we expect Jed Wallace to be.

If he's got enough about him defensively to play in that role then he's very different to the play I thought he was (haven't seen a great deal of him).

I've only seen him a few times too but like Mark says, he played in a busy two, linking play but also moving the ball forwards well. As Mark said a sort of Championship version of Wilshere.

I don't see Coady as a defensive midfielder at all tbh. He's not going to sit in front of the back 4 at the base of a diamond.

Likewise. If we did want someone to do that then Price should be playing, he is better at it than either of the two currently in the team. Mind you he should be in at the moment regardless as McDonald isn't fit.

This is what was reported on the bbc 17th August. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33963054
"We are always looking but I'm quite pleased with the squad the way it is," Jackett told BBC WM 95.6.
"Some younger players may leave on loan but we're not interested in selling."
With their Championship campaign only two games old, Jackett is looking forward to seeing how his new-look squad will develop.
"There are some players on the frindge who are looking for opportunities," Jackett added.

Stearman and RVLP are hardly fringe players given their involvement so I dont see fact and fiction being mixed here. It was quite clear 2 weeks ago and something has changed since

These comments from KJ pre-date the Afobe statement from the club which, to me, seemed to be very clear. No forwards will be sold is very explicit and said to me players in other areas were to be sold. Stearman going comes as no surprise and I just hope it is the precursor to an over haul.

Bearing in mind most of what KJ says about transfers is fiction....

<---- Price ---->

Coady​

Bryne/Ojo​
Wallace/Williams​

Edwards/Wallace​

i genuinely don't think Jackett rates Price too highly, it's the second season he's started the season well down the pecking order after being bombed out to Yeovil last year, I don't really know what more Price has to do really.

Yep don't know what to make of the Price non appearance, thought he wasn't up to it first half of last season (but Kmac and Evans were appalling after the first few games too) but second half of season thought he really stepped up to the plate and was our most consistant midfielder.

He's supposed to be very highly rated - I've not seen him play but I've heard about him.

I bet you have seen him Langers. He played Right Back for Swindon in March '14 when we beat them 4-1 at their place and Sako took him apart in the first-half and scored two goals.

They must have converted him to a winger and now they're looking to sell him to us. RB or RW?

I bet you have seen him Langers. He played Right Back for Swindon in March '14 when we beat them 4-1 at their place and Sako took him apart in the first-half and scored two goals.

They must have converted him to a winger and now they're looking to sell him to us. RB or RW?

Been playing on the right of a front 3 this season

Wednesday bid £13m for Benik! Hahaha.

Are they just firing mad bids all over the shop in the hope one sticks?

Even Big Leon scored in that match. I went myself, it was the 9th win in a row, if I remember correctly.

Are they just firing mad bids all over the shop in the hope one sticks?

Strikes me as owners who haven't got a clue how football works. Like how when the Venky's took over Blackburn they tried to sign Beckham and Ronaldinho and allegedly didn't know you could get relegated.

Hopefully, two signings tomorrow. Byrne plus one other. Fingers crossed but second deal is not a formality, strong competition and plenty of desperate Championship clubs wanting players and throwing money at them. Some deadline day action for a change!

Back