• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

The only comment from the club was no 1st team forwards would be sold. There has never been any statement that nobody would be sold. This is what happens when fact and fiction are mixed.

This is what was reported on the bbc 17th August. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33963054
"We are always looking but I'm quite pleased with the squad the way it is," Jackett told BBC WM 95.6.
"Some younger players may leave on loan but we're not interested in selling."
With their Championship campaign only two games old, Jackett is looking forward to seeing how his new-look squad will develop.
"There are some players on the frindge who are looking for opportunities," Jackett added.

Stearman and RVLP are hardly fringe players given their involvement so I dont see fact and fiction being mixed here. It was quite clear 2 weeks ago and something has changed since

Penk said that Henry was having a medical at an unnamed club, and Penk is usually correct.

No Penk said he heard that from someone else. Hearsay and third hand info. Now that doesn't mean he is wrong at all. Just it isn't quite horses mouth.

.Stearman and RVLP are hardly fringe players given their involvement so I dont see fact and fiction being mixed here. It was quite clear 2 weeks ago and something has changed since

It could just be the players kj wanted weren't available two weeks ago, but now there has been contact to say they are...

Or it could be afterthought next 2 games he realised he is not happy with the squad at all? My opinion certainly changed.

It could just be the players kj wanted weren't available two weeks ago, but now there has been contact to say they are...

PQ I am liking your optimism. 2 defeats also could help a rethink........... Whats this winger Byrne like?

Poor defensively but electric going forward is what a couple of Swindon fans told me elsewhere.

Byrne for VLP is fine - the latter has flattered to deceive during his time here. Some decent assists, but wayward far too often (not that I know much about Byrne, but if KJ considers him a better option then I will take that).

Not sure that I would want to lose Henry at the same time, he has some ability at this level & can play on the left if needed as shown on Saturday.

John Bray linking us with Jonathan Williams on loan.

I'd be very happy with Joniesta. Potential for a permanent move if we feel like he's over his injury problems as well.

Byrne - Afobe - Williams

-------Le Fondre-----------

Or Benik up top and Wallace at number 10. Either would be excellent.

McD won't go, unless he is agitating for a move, whoever comes in.

Then again he's been off the pace so far & wouldn't make him my first choice on the team sheet at the moment.

Williams wide left?

I always had him down as a busy little player in the middle, sort of poor mans Jack Wilshere.

Williams wide left?

I always had him down as a busy little player in the middle, sort of poor mans Jack Wilshere.

You'd play him narrow off that side in that set up. Play Ojo if we want a proper wide option (but we don't seem that inclined to go down that road)

McDonald

Wallace --------- Coady

Williams

Afobe ALF​

You'd play him narrow off that side in that set up. Play Ojo if we want a proper wide option (but we don't seem that inclined to go down that road)

I'd have thought you'd use him more like Johnny suggests personally...

I thought he was the more Iniesta type, play in a central 2/3?

----Coady--Williams
Byrne---Wallace----Ojo
----------Afobe

McDonald

Wallace --------- Coady

Williams

Afobe ALF​

I'd have that completely different with those four!

---------------Coady---------------

Williams-------------------McDonald

---------------Wallace--------------

Back