• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Although he does have his limitations that have been well document, he's already been part of a team that got promoted from this league. Upgrading would be need IF we got promoted, but he's fine at this level. Doherty is fine at this level too.

Different type of football under MM though. Neither player are good enough for the system as was proven last year. If Wolves are serious about promotion neither should play.

Nixon has said we have bid for Nathan Byrne from Swindon. The extent of my knowledge is he plays for Swindon on the right. Any good?

He's supposed to be very highly rated - I've not seen him play but I've heard about him.

Tim II says we are finalising the deal for Byrne

Several sources saying Byrne is on his way...

@BBCWiltsSport
FOOTBALL: We understand a deal has been agreed to sell @Official_STFC's @NathanByrne_ to @OfficialWolves #stfc

@tim_spiers_Star 4m4 minutes ago
Wolves believed to be finalising a deal to sign 23-year-old Swindon Town winger Nathan Byrne.

@sportbbcwm 54s54 seconds ago
We understand a deal has been agreed between Swindon and #wwfc for winger Nathan Byrne.

Good news!

Be happy with that. He's a good player.

Can fill in at right back too.

Bloody hell, that's a big sell on clause. Wonder if Afobe's is anything like that.

All opinion on Twitter from Swindon fans is that we've bought a gem

Would be very happy with him. Excellent signing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like this signing a lot.
So does this increase the likelihood that Rajiv is on the way out?

I hope so. He has pace but zero end product. Having Henry, Byrne and Wallace as wide options would put us in good stead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Byrne is a good player. Should be able to slot right in and do well for us. Very fast, very direct and has a good pedigree coming from Spurs academy.

I hope we've got more coming in though. Doesn't bode well for us long term if we were forced into selling Stearman to free up funds for a £1million Swindon player. An attacking midfielder and a loan striker to cover for Nouha and the Stearman transfer starts to make a little more sense.

THM will be pleased.

#ambition

I am very happy. Would have been happier, if we hadn't had to sell our player of the year and most experienced defender, to raise funds to buy a division one player who cost a million.

Seriously though, he looks a good prospect.

I just don't buy this idea that we had to sell Stears in order to buy, it makes no sense whatsoever.

I am more inclined looking seriously at Dicko this season to think there might be a little bit of dressing room unrest. The old Macdonald saga hasn't helped that's for sure, but Kenny bollocking Dicko from the touch line seems to show signs of unhappiness with a few of the players.

It could be the change of playing style, could be that Dicko has had his nose put out of joint by the success of Benik, might even be to do with Rowe and Saville who really haven't made anything of their time here.
Frankly i'm just guessing but it does look like the current situation within the club is more than a money issue.

Back