• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Alan Nixon linking us to Jutkiewicz. Let's hope that one isn't true.

If that happens :icon_lol:

I'd rather re-sign Maierhofer.

Pish attitude but good on his day.

Alan Nixon linking us to Jutkiewicz. Let's hope that one isn't true.
We were linked with him last summer, too, reeks of lazy journalism.

I know we've been thrown in the deep end with the Dicko injury a few days before the window closes but surely we can find someone better than Jutkiewicz?

Watford are looking to loan Matej Vydra out, I'd be all over that. Throw Walsall a few bob for Bradshaw or ask about getting James Wilson on loan, any of those would be a better option that Juke.

I should add that the Juke deal mentioned by Nixon was in response to a potential Afobe departure.

Obviously that may well change with Nouha's injury. No doubting Juke is utter shite though.

picked up on a report that Michu from Swansea can't find a club. I thought he was a good player a couple of seasons ago - what's happened?

He was never that good aside from his one unbelievable season with Swans. Taking out that season, he's made 286 appearances in his career and scored only 54 goals. Only a smidgen better than 1 goal in 6 apps.

Hell, even including that season he's only averaged 1 goal every 4.5 games.

i can't help but feel something has gone awry at Wolves this summer. I'm not the pant wetter type I just feel we've gone backwards overall. We also shouldn't be relying on the loan window if we're short of players, we saw last year with Derby losing Ibe what losing a key loan signing can do to you.

We've been strung a line about replacing Sako which hasn't really materialised, our POTY has been sold, our goalkeepers have lunged from one disaster to another and Dicko even before the injury has looked totally lost... The loss of Sako has been coupled with a systematic failure in the spine of the side, personally, I don't think the imminent - albeit welcome - return of Batth will rectify it either.

This is Kennys biggest challenge since bombing out Siggy, Griffiths and Doyle in the Dec/Jan of the L1 season, it was brave and it paid off, if he manages it again credit where it's due but at this exact moment I'm as sceptical as at any point under him.

It is somewhat strange that having been so close to the playoffs last season, and having already benefited from the arrival of of Afobe, a suitable replacement for Sako (not an untried Liverpool loanee) and a couple of players, we should have been in a good position this season. We now seem to be lurching from one disaster to another, with no apparent solution on the horizon. Perhaps the next couple of days will bring clarity to the current bizarre happenings.

It is somewhat strange that having been so close to the playoffs last season, and having already benefited from the arrival of of Afobe, a suitable replacement for Sako (not an untried Liverpool loanee) and a couple of players, we should have been in a good position this season. We now seem to be lurching from one disaster to another, with no apparent solution on the horizon. Perhaps the next couple of days will bring clarity to the current bizarre happenings.

I really hope this gets sorted in the next 48 hours. I was accused of mega pant wetting when I ranted in July and said 7 points would be the best we would get with this squad in August. Now thats true and there is still a chance that some of our first team regulars could leave I feel a little vindicated but even less happy. What is happening? Lets hope for some clarity please

I really hope this gets sorted in the next 48 hours. I was accused of mega pant wetting when I ranted in July and said 7 points would be the best we would get with this squad in August. Now thats true and there is still a chance that some of our first team regulars could leave I feel a little vindicated but even less happy. What is happening? Lets hope for some clarity please

50268_279243362518_4531917_n.jpg

While I'm surprised that Stearman is being sold, what does it do to the morale of the team? If the captain and player of last season is sold.

Back