• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

So if we don't bring in an experienced defender and leader, will you be happy with the experience and leadership we have in defence?

If Kenny did tell the truth, when he said,

"and for us to strengthen elsewhere we do feel that this is the right decision"added Jackett.

Will you be happy that we sold our most experienced defender, captain and Player of the season, leaving us with very little experience and leadership in defence, to but a player in another area of the field where we have a weakness?

I've already said I won't be happy.

I agree with your sentiment Trev, the worrying thing for me in your statement is the word potential. At this moment in time Stearman is a better centre half than Hause, at least on a par with EEL and I've never seen Iorfa in that position and neither has Kenny in a first team game. He is also the only one who can bring the ball out of defence and into midfield. A 2 of Batth and EEL for example would be solid enough, but a hoof fest.To me it seems counter intuitive to weaken an area of your first 11 to strengthen another. I'm in the Langers wait until Tuesday camp, but I'll be mightily pissed with Morgan and Moxey if Jackett has been forced to sell Stearman to raise the £2m for another area of the team as it goes completely against what Moxey said about investing and both him and Morgan understanding what was required and this costing money at the end of last season. If however he brings in another centre half then I don't have an issue as presumably this would be KJ's judgement call.

I dunno what it is with him, I've got both fans by me in the ground and also work colleagues who have never had any time for him, in fact I've been half expecting him to be the new recipient of the Jody Craddock song.
Now, all of a sudden, he's become a must not sell player.

Can we stop all this nonsense about "upgrading on Sako?" Or even replacing him. Sako is now a player worth around £10m or maybe more. We were lucky to have him, and very lucky that he played in the third division for us. We have to be realistic: we're not going to replace or upgrade on a player who's just scored 2 in 2 in the Premiership.

Can we stop all this nonsense about "upgrading on Sako?" Or even replacing him. Sako is now a player worth around £10m or maybe more. We were lucky to have him, and very lucky that he played in the third division for us. We have to be realistic: we're not going to replace or upgrade on a player who's just scored 2 in 2 in the Premiership.

Quite, I think Crystal Palace are gonna be a very lucky team.

Nah. Pet hate of mine is Wolves fans being unable to spell/pronounce the names of their own players. Keough, Knightly, Moxley, Goldbourne... Does my head in.

Keep it to yourself then. My pet hate is people who pick up spelling mistakes needlessly. It is a totally pointless exercise and potentially offensive.

Keep it to yourself then. My pet hate is people who pick up spelling mistakes needlessly. It is a totally pointless exercise and potentially offensive.

If I cared about 'potentially offending' you I wouldn't have posted it and its not a pointless exercise, you've been spelling his name wrong for weeks. Its annoying.

On the subject of 'potentially offending' people though, the next time you have the urge to call someone a Nazi I suggest you hold it in.

Ikemie - Didn't have much to do but what he did have to do was inconsistent. Kicking poor and will probably feel he should have done better with their goal

Dougherty - Don't get the hatred, he is a an average championship defender, he has his strengths and weaknesses but nowhere near as bad as some make out. I thought he was steady.

House - Looked absolutely fine defensively but some wayward distribution - that said, some fine balls forward too particularly to Afobe when he came deep

Eubanks-Landell - pretty much the same as House. I think they both were going to have some problems with their tall centre forward but when he went off injured they weren't really threatened.

Goldborne - A solid performance, surely the only reason he doesn't play is injury, there is no better left back at the club.

Henrey - as good as he has played for the first 60 minutes, a real pleasure to watch when he plays like this.

Macdonald - where's he gone, nothing like the player of last season - seems to be better alongside Pryce in my opinion.

Cody - quietly effective and I thought he improved after Macdonald went off.

Edward - played on the right side of midfield, got into some good positions and maybe should have had more than the one goal. Seems to have been involved in quite a few of our goals this season.

Afobie - quieter game but still involved in much of our good work going forward. Will probably felt he should have scored.

Dicho - The ball was not sticking to him in the first half and I don't think he should have come out for the second half.

La Fondre - much more than just a poacher - and scored a poacher's goal. He's described as a journeyman which I think is an unfair description. I think he will cement his place in the starting line up and score goals.

Wallis? Not on long but I can see him taking on Edwards role in the starting XI

Ikemie - Didn't have much to do but what he did have to do was inconsistent. Kicking poor and will probably feel he should have done better with their goal

Dougherty - Don't get the hatred, he is a an average championship defender, he has his strengths and weaknesses but nowhere near as bad as some make out. I thought he was steady.

House - Looked absolutely fine defensively but some wayward distribution - that said, some fine balls forward too particularly to Afobe when he came deep

Eubanks-Landell - pretty much the same as House. I think they both were going to have some problems with their tall centre forward but when he went off injured they weren't really threatened.

Goldborne - A solid performance, surely the only reason he doesn't play is injury, there is no better left back at the club.

Henrey - as good as he has played for the first 60 minutes, a real pleasure to watch when he plays like this.

Macdonald - where's he gone, nothing like the player of last season - seems to be better alongside Pryce in my opinion.

Cody - quietly effective and I thought he improved after Macdonald went off.

Edward - played on the right side of midfield, got into some good positions and maybe should have had more than the one goal. Seems to have been involved in quite a few of our goals this season.

Afobie - quieter game but still involved in much of our good work going forward. Will probably felt he should have scored.

Dicho - The ball was not sticking to him in the first half and I don't think he should have come out for the second half.

La Fondre - much more than just a poacher - and scored a poacher's goal. He's described as a journeyman which I think is an unfair description. I think he will cement his place in the starting line up and score goals.

Wallis? Not on long but I can see him taking on Edwards role in the starting XI

Wrong thread...

As someone supposedly itk said...Stearman has gone for 1 million with 1million of future addons.
so its not like weve got 2million straight off the bat.

Back