• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

That's the obvious one as we were linked with him before. I'd be happy with him, but I would like an experienced leader in somewhere to help the team through tricky spells.

That's the obvious one as we were linked with him before. I'd be happy with him, but I would like an experienced leader in somewhere to help the team through tricky spells.

Maguire is young but he's played a lot of first team football. Wigan fans loved him last season and IIRC had a good game vs Afobe/Dicko at the DW. As a replacement for Stearman though? I'm not sure I see the point.

I wonder if KJ was told there was no money available, so if he wanted to bring in new player(s) he would have to sell first.
These are KJ exact words from yesterday.

"and for us to strengthen elsewhere we do feel that this is the right decision"added Jackett.

Which gives you your answer, Frank.

These are KJ exact words from yesterday.

"and for us to strengthen elsewhere we do feel that this is the right decision"added Jackett.

Which gives you your answer, Frank.

or he just needs a little extra to bring in who he wants. If this was just about money, we could have got £10m for Afobe, signed his replacement and about 3 others

There's no way Hause or EEL are as good as Stearman, unless there is a very impressive signing at CB on the way this will turn out to be a big mistake.

I'm confused. I thought we were selling stearman in order to strengthen elsewhere? Not sure what maguire will cost, but we won't have much of a surplus from the stearman sale. Seems like a lot of unnecessary upheaval for the sake of a few hundred grand and a small wage bill saving.

I'm confused. I thought we were selling stearman in order to strengthen elsewhere? Not sure what maguire will cost, but we won't have much of a surplus from the stearman sale. Seems like a lot of unnecessary upheaval for the sake of a few hundred grand and a small wage bill saving.

Agreed. I am also confused. It just does not add up, though maybe all will become clear in 48 hours time.

or he just needs a little extra to bring in who he wants. If this was just about money, we could have got £10m for Afobe, signed his replacement and about 3 others

Afobe will still be worth 10 million in January. This is about investment, or the lack of it.

Does anyone really believe what KJ says in the press? Let's see what happens over the next few days.

Does anyone really believe what KJ says in the press? Let's see what happens over the next few days.
Thankyou, a voice of reason. As if we would openly air our transfer targets and what funds we have available.

There's no way Hause or EEL are as good as Stearman, unless there is a very impressive signing at CB on the way this will turn out to be a big mistake.
Absolutely right Hause is erratic, like EEL but we will miss Stearman. Kenny will say anything they tell him to he's a yes man in a club run by a board with zero ambition.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

So if we don't bring in an experienced defender and leader, will you be happy with the experience and leadership we have in defence?

If Kenny did tell the truth, when he said,

Will you be happy that we sold our most experienced defender, captain and Player of the season, leaving us with very little experience and leadership in defence, to but a player in another area of the field where we have a weakness?

No, but then I also don't think he makes the decisions either. I can't imagine any decent manager choosing to sell his most senior defender - a player who seems perfectly happy - in order to raise £2m, on the weekend the window finishes. It's unnecessary meddling to a side that's already probably a 3/1 shot to make the playoffs

So if we don't bring in an experienced defender and leader, will you be happy with the experience and leadership we have in defence?

If Kenny did tell the truth, when he said,

Will you be happy that we sold our most experienced defender, captain and Player of the season, leaving us with very little experience and leadership in defence, to but a player in another area of the field where we have a weakness?

There's a difference between leadership and experience, Coady at 22 offers more leadership qualities in my eyes than Richard Stearman at 28. Its this lack of leadership that has probably moved Kenny Jackett to move him on.

I don't know where this view of KJ as a puppet comes from, I see him as anything but - he's a team player but I couldn't see him just doing what he's told if he doesn't agree with it.

There's a difference between leadership and experience, Coady at 22 offers more leadership qualities in my eyes than Richard Stearman at 28. Its this lack of leadership that has probably moved Kenny Jackett to move him on.
strange that KJ made him the captain then, which shows that KJ believed Stears did have leadership qualities. As for experience you only have to read the match reviews from this and any other Wolves forum, to realise our defence is lacking in experience.

strange that KJ made him the captain then, which shows that KJ believed Stears did have leadership qualities
Sometimes you hope the responsibility of the arm band helps players display more leadership. Sadly in Stearmans case it didn't.

Sometimes you hope the responsibility of the arm band helps players display more leadership. Sadly in Stearmans case it didn't.

I never read one match review saying that we should sell Stearman before yesterday. Strange how now, people are happy he is going. He is one of the last players I would have sold, with this young unexperienced team.

The last few dealine days have been pretty uneventful for us, looking like we might have a bit of excitement on Tuesday for a change.

Back