• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Our wage bill must be tiny given the players who have left and the age of player we have signed.

Given out income, there is absolutely no reason we aren't turning a large profit currently. Therefore I hope to see us invest this in the squad over the next few days

Only one reason Frank, the money.

Or we have a replacement lined up?

I think TSB's posts on this subject absolutely spot on by the way.

I reserve the right to be concerned if we have no incomings by Tuesday, but that's exactly when any pant wetting should happen and not before. People seem to want to see Wolves let them down going by their daily spoutings of impatient bullshit.

I'm finding it very frustrating to see so many OTT reactions when there may well be reasons why these things have happened - but we won't know about them just yet.

There's a big few days looming - after which we'll know whether or not it's worth the frothing of the mouth expletive laden rantings we've seen throughout today.

Only one reason Frank, the money.

Nah, disagree with that. I think it's because kj thinks it means we can get a better quality player in than the one we lose. In my view the squad has steadily improved since Jackett has come in, so I'll wait to see if that's the case by end of Tuesday, I won't whinge before then.

Reality is we aren't going to be signing players for £8-9m like Burnley just have or offer stupid wages to entice players.
The reality is eventually we may struggle to compete financially with the clubs dropping out of the PL depending on how well run a club they are.
Seems to me Clubs dropping from the PL now are under no huge pressure to sell.

Or we have a replacement lined up?

I think TSB's posts on this subject absolutely spot on by the way.

I reserve the right to be concerned if we have no incomings by Tuesday, but that's exactly when any pant wetting should happen and not before. People seem to want to see Wolves let them down going by their daily spoutings of impatient bullshit.

I'm finding it very frustrating to see so many OTT reactions when there may well be reasons why these things have happened - but we won't know about them just yet.

There's a big few days looming - after which we'll know whether or not it's worth the frothing of the mouth expletive laden rantings we've seen throughout today.

Sorry Langers, but I must disagree. I like many others feel genuinely concerned at us appearing to sell two players a couple days before the transfer deadline, and this after KJ said he did not expect any more activity in the transfer market. I do not think it is "pant wetting", it is just surprise as to what is happening.

Sorry Langers, but I must disagree. I like many others feel genuinely concerned at us appearing to sell two players a couple days before the transfer deadline, and this after KJ said he did not expect any more activity in the transfer market. I do not think it is "pant wetting", it is just surprise as to what is happening.

Which shows that you didn't read or understand my post. Why can't you wait til Tuesday and see if there was an underlying reason why these players have been allowed to leave, ie there are players lined up to come in? Which has also been hinted at by KJ?

If no one else comes in, I shall be in the 'pissed off' group. Until then, isn't it being rather premature?

Drove past Rajiv's house this morning, got a For Sale notice up.

Couldn't care less about Stearman leaving, the two who played yesterday are as good as he is and have far more improvement in them. Stearman had a good three months last season which appears to have lifted him to Maldini levels, it was a joke he got Player of the Season last year. He can't lead a defence and always has a massive ricket in him.

Van La Parra can go as well as he is terrible.

Nah, disagree with that. I think it's because kj thinks it means we can get a better quality player in than the one we lose. In my view the squad has steadily improved since Jackett has come in, so I'll wait to see if that's the case by end of Tuesday, I won't whinge before then.

I agree with this I expect our recruitment to add better players than Stearman and RVLP when they become available at the right price. Neither of those players have showed the required qualities this season so its a no brainer to move them on.

I'm disappointed Stearman is leaving from a sentiment standpoint, but can empathise from a footballing perspective. We have an abundance of good, young defenders. Perhaps Stearman has made noises about not being keen to sign a new deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Couldn't care less about Stearman leaving, the two who played yesterday are as good as he is and have far more improvement in them. Stearman had a good three months last season which appears to have lifted him to Maldini levels, it was a joke he got Player of the Season last year. He can't lead a defence and always has a massive ricket in him.

Van La Parra can go as well as he is terrible.

I think that's incredibly harsh on Stearman, Deutsch. I agree with you that he didn't deserve POTS but he was definitely one of our better players and his partnership with Danny Batth was crucial in our impressive run in.

Not worried about a lack of experience at the back? I agree with you in that he doesn't organise the back 4 but he's still one of the leaders in that dressing room. Who are we left with now? The imposing personality of Carl Ikeme? Dave Edwards?

"Richard is a big call and and for us to strengthen elsewhere we do feel that this is the right decision added Jackett, who says he is also willing to let Dutch winger Rajiv van La Parra leave Molineux.

"Rajiv van La Parra is also in talks with two clubs over the weekend and we will see what the outcome of those talks is.

"We want to make these decisions early so we have the best possible chance going forward."

I think that's incredibly harsh on Stearman, Deutsch. I agree with you that he didn't deserve POTS but he was definitely one of our better players and his partnership with Danny Batth was crucial in our impressive run in.

Not worried about a lack of experience at the back? I agree with you in that he doesn't organise the back 4 but he's still one of the leaders in that dressing room. Who are we left with now? The imposing personality of Carl Ikeme? Dave Edwards?

No reason why Ebanks-Landell can't develop into a leader. Captained the team vs Barnet, he is 23 in December, if the manager thinks he is ready to step up then now is the time.

Coady is another (poor game yesterday but generally looks a good acquisition) who could step up to be a leader.

No reason why Ebanks-Landell can't develop into a leader. Captained the team vs Barnet, he is 23 in December, if the manager thinks he is ready to step up then now is the time.

Coady is another (poor game yesterday but generally looks a good acquisition) who could step up to be a leader.

He's also made less than 50 first team appearances with more than half of those coming in League 1/League cup.

We sold our captain and most experienced defender, because we need to strengthen in another area. Like KJ says, a footballing reason, but the truth is, he needed to sell to buy another player, for the weakness we have in another area of the field. That is a really a money reason, that leaves our defence without a lot of experience.

We sold our captain and most experienced defender, because we need to strengthen in another area. Like KJ says, a footballing reason, but the truth is, he needed to sell to buy another player, for the weakness we have in another area of the field. That is a really a money reason, that leaves our defence without a lot of experience.

I wonder if KJ was told there was no money available, so if he wanted to bring in new player(s) he would have to sell first.

Since Sir Hayward passed Wolves have always been a club to stay in the black, I for one applaud this policy although it can make for some difficult decisions.

Is Stearman good? Yes. Is he worth to us what we paid him weekly? Almost assuredly not.

I like Stears a lot, but, like McDonald, he is far from irreplaceable.

He was out player of the year last year so that would indicate he's worth what we pay him. He's class.

Back