• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Reading the match reviews from this and other forums, it seems that the vast majority of supporters critisized the lack of experience in our defence. Now 3 days before the transfer deadline, we learn that we are losing our recent captain and last years player of the season.

This was a team with spirit and togetherness, that played for each other. It had it's faults, but it came across as a team that were proud to play for Wolves. This summer that has changed. The fans and supporters were in this together. Now the fans haven't got a clue what is happening.

There is something wrong with our club at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if there is something that we are not being told. I can see KJ , who was the man who brought our pride back. The man who united the fans and players, who changed the way we play, walking before too long. I hope he knows that we back him. Even though others above him, seemed to be happy, staying where we are, instead of pushing for promotion.

We don't need another striker. Le Fondre, Afobe, and Enobakhare are good enough.

We maybe need an older head in midfield or defense but otherwise I think the squad is in decent shape.

Reading the match reviews from this and other forums, it seems that the vast majority of supporters critisized the lack of experience in our defence. Now 3 days before the transfer deadline, we learn that we are losing our recent captain and last years player of the season.

This was a team with spirit and togetherness, that played for each other. It had it's faults, but it came across as a team that were proud to play for Wolves. This summer that has changed. The fans and supporters were in this together. Now the fans haven't got a clue what is happening.

There is something wrong with our club at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if there is something that we are not being told. I can see KJ , who was the man who brought our pride back. The man who united the fans and players. Who changed the way we play. I hope he knows that we back him. Even though others above him, seemed to be happy, staying where we are, instead of pushing for promotion.

Jesus, sell one player and the whole thing is coming down.

R-E-L-A-X. Relax. It's gonna be okay.

We don't need another striker. Le Fondre, Afobe, and Enobakhare are good enough.

We maybe need an older head in midfield or defense but otherwise I think the squad is in decent shape.
Yes we do. We are a team that likes to play two up top and you are advocating the only replacement as a kid that hasn't played one minute of Championship football.

Yes we do. We are a team that likes to play two up top and you are advocating the only replacement as a kid that hasn't played one minute of Championship football.

He looks the part.

This "he hasn't played" business is bollocks. Every player starts on zero minutes. He has to get blooded sometime. If he's good enough, he's good enough.

Bright will be the back up to Afobe and ALF. We also have option of putting Wallace (and edwards) in behind one of those 2.

We will use the loan market if we get another bad injury in that area.

Also, I obviously can't say as well as people who go to the games, but I was under the impression that even though we had been playing both Dicko and Afobe, they weren't really in a tradition "front two".

He looks the part.

This "he hasn't played" business is bollocks. Every player starts on zero minutes. He has to get blooded sometime. If he's good enough, he's good enough.
No, you are the one speaking bollocks and you've never seen him play to say he looks the part. Yes, every player has to start from somewhere, but he is 17 and very, very raw. A few minutes here and there, thrown on to chase a game or when it's already in the bag then fine. He is not ready or close to being ready for the role we'd need him to play as a third striker.

No, you are the one speaking bollocks. Yes, every player has to start from somewhere, but he is 17 and very, very raw. A few minutes here and there, thrown on to chase a game or when it's already in the bag then fine. He is not ready or close to being ready for the role we'd need him to play as a third striker.

Which is what, exactly? Because as we play with two and he'd be the third, he'd be coming on as a substitute anyway, or starting cup games which he already has done. I've seen his highlights and heard the reviews.

Coming on as a sub in garbage time is totally useless, IMO.

So, Afobe or ALF won't get injured or ever need resting? Today of all days should tell you we need a third forward with experience. ALF came on today because Dicko was injured and scored the winner, hardly "garbage time".

If they do we can go into the loan market, or let Bright show what he can do. I'm sure he doesn't give half a damn that he's 17, and neither do I. If he can play, he can play.

But at this moment we needn't be spending more money on a backup.

Because he was good and available and offered something different to Dicko, Afobe, and Bright. Bright was also not quite the known quantity then that he is now.

If you want to let Bright eat up garbage minutes that mean nothing then that's your prerogative, but I'd rather he get real minutes than we chuck money at another Sagbo/Graham/Pennant/whoever else that's flopped here.

If Dicko's injury puts him out for 6 months, we are going to need someone more experienced than Bright.
Afobe and ALF will only work for so long, come winter we will see the usual breakdowns, suspensions etc, and a raw 17 yr old with zero Championship experience is not going to cut it, no matter how much potential he has. There's no telling how he will handle being sledged by experienced defenders, having the likes of Barton chipping away at him, how he will react to being booked when he hasn't committed a foul etc....

All these experiences will come to him over time as he plays games, but I would rather he had those experiences when coming on as a sub during this so called 'garbage time', instead of having considerable pressure on his shoulders when starting, especially if we experience a slump like last November.

He's played 45 minutes of a League Cup game against a Div 2 teamsince ALF was signed. You think that has altered the way the management team think about him? He was on the bench today, I'm not advocating pushing his development backwards, just keeping it where it is. I've seen Lescott, Keane and even Naylor play for Wolves at the age of 17, he isn't where they were and to have him as our third striker who will play probably one game in 4 and come on as sub in all others in my view is madness.

Yeah, disagree with Alan here as well. I don't want to be relying on Bright if we get an injury to Benik or ALF. Nor do I want to be relying on a loan striker with the commitment of Sagbo.

I'm all for giving Bright some time in the cup games or as a substitute; but I'd certainly be looking to bring another option in if Dicko is out for a long period. We'll struggle to find someone now though.

Let's be honest. If Afobe gets injured the seasons over. But the same could be said about any team who loses their two top strikers.

Didn't the manager say Bright was a bit immature in his celebration and that he thought it best to sub him Wednesday? I'm not sure how we would replace Dicko, I don't like loaning premier league players just to further their career at their parent club.

Sorry to go back to the Stearman situation, but he has one year left on his contract plus a one year option, so why do we want to sell him three days before the transfer deadline?

Sorry to go back to the Stearman situation, but he has one year left on his contract plus a one year option, so why do we want to sell him three days before the transfer deadline?
Only one reason Frank, the money.

Back