• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

I'd be expecting a replacement. I'd also expect a new winger and striker in. Then again, we rarely do much business towards the end of windows

Keep repeating to yourself "we have the loan window as well"

I'd be expecting a replacement. I'd also expect a new winger and striker in. Then again, we rarely do much business towards the end of windows

We rarely sell key players this close to the end of them either.

I'd expect a loan signing for the striking department after today. A massive blow to lose Dicko.

Think I'm just going to ignore everything until the window closes - there's no football for us till after that anyway.

Plus there's sod all any of us can do about whatever happens

BBC WM Sport 95.6 ‏@sportbbcwm 50s51 seconds ago
We understand the deal to bring Joleon Lescott to #avfc will be completed on Monday. He'll be Villa's 11th signing of the summer.

booooooooooooooo #LescottsNOTcominghome

Lescott to Villa is done so that can be knocked the head.

So why not take the £10m we were offered 3 days ago.

Didn't feel there was as much cover up top as there is at centre half I guess.

Pant wetting over-reaction accusations aside in the cold light of day it has been a pretty bloody mediocre August on and off the pitch and it could get worse.

Yes the default position for most Wolves fans is pissed off but surely I am not the only one scratching my tin head about this summers goings on? We clearly needed to replace Sako that was patently obvious from June ( or earlier) and we got Ojo on loan. Ok but not a real replacement but hey ho. Then we play a diffent system that lacks width. Then we sign a keeper on loan , put him in and then drop him when he has a shocker while Ikeme comes back and dives over one today having thrown one in his own net v Blackburn ( a bit harsh but I am on a rant roll here). We continually shake our heads at Road Runner Dave Edwards who still plays his heart out ( even if he is not a winger ) while KMAC seems to be going through the motions apart from 1 brilliant tackle. Is it coincidence then that Stears could be off too? I think not. I think they have looked at a number of things, the comings and goings, the wage structure Sako getting a deal in the prem and interest from other clubs who will pay more and its turned their heads. Hansen was wrong when he said you dont win anything with kids but the Man U kids of Neville Scholes Beckham Giggs and Butt were of a higher quality than Bright Iorfa Hause Ojo and Price at the same age. I have siad that in the championship there is a need for experienced heads. Not too many and they must still be capable and competent. Centre half nouse, leadership nouse and goalscoring nouse does get you points in this league. ALF could be good but that still leaves us a bit short if KMAC is #headsgone . I havent even started to talk about Afobe the best striker at Wolves this century...............Let this abhorent window shut and lets get on with the season hopefully with some renewed hope of a challenge as we have done some really good business late in the day............... Oh look there a pig cruising at 40000 feet

It may be that his contract includes a trigger point of £2m.

He still may not go depending on personal terms, although Flum would probably offer him better wages.

Didn't this happen for us with Coady?

The start of this season suggests otherwise. There's not enough leadership there at the moment. IF we are replacing Stears with someone who can organise the back line, I'm fine with that. If we're not replacing him, it's bizarre and a mistake IMO.

I'd put more stock in this if Stears hadn't himself been a part of the poor start.

Stears is our best centre back. Selling without a quality replacement is a mis-step.

£2m is good money for someone in the last year of their contract. I assume Stearman's not prepared to sign a new one.

Would be disappointed if we don't bring in a replacement over the next few days.

I personally think it's a bad move to let Stearman go with 3 days remaining in the window, unless we have been scouting someone who we know will sign for us and has the quality to fill the relatively big shoes that Stears will leave

£2m is good money for someone in the last year of their contract. I assume Stearman's not prepared to sign a new one.

Would be disappointed if we don't bring in a replacement over the next few days.

It makes sense to take it if we have someone coming in whether that be a centre back or a full back and Iorfa moves inside. I'm happy to go ahead with Hause, EBL, Batth and Iorfa or new centre back. I've always been a fan of Stearman but he obviously isn't signing a new contract so i can see why we have accepted.

Back