• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

This morning's Daily Fascist reckon Newcastle are bidding for Afobe. They hang this story on a quote from Schteve. When asked "are you interested in Benik Afobe?" he fanned the flames by saying "No".

I fucking hate the transfer window.

That's amazing!

Last few days of this window will be interesting if Stearman and VlP end up going.

Last few days of this window will be interesting if Stearman and VlP end up going.

Yes as we will need to replace them IMO. KMAC sorted? It has gone a bit quiet. Potentially 3 regular first teamers could be outta here come Sept 1st to be replaced by? I think the hands off Afobe may have done the trick for now. Lets hope Dicko is ok after today or we will need cover there( loan window for that) Interesting 48 hours guys. Keep your powder and your pants dry. I promise I will try.

Have to say I'd be surprised at £2m for stears - they bid double that for dunk from Brighton. Kj would only sell if he thought it was a good offer that enabled him to bring in better.

Hasn't Dunk just signed a new 5 year deal at Brighton (although contracts mean jack these days)

KJ confirms bid for Stearman accepted for "footballing reasons"

Dont like this one though - acknowledges it is a 'big decision' but feels Wolves have talented young defenders coming through and club decided to accept

We cannot go into this season with this defence minus Stearman and expect to get away with it.

Dont like this one though - acknowledges it is a 'big decision' but feels Wolves have talented young defenders coming through and club decided to accept

Hmm. I don't agree with selling him but could understand if there was a replacement lined up.

I know what KJ says and does aren't the same thing but this is going to leave us short at the back.

Puzzling.

Why? Stearman without Batth has looked just as poor as the rest.

I think we have someone coming in or we wouldn't have sold Stears. Joleon Lescott, just a hunch.

When is Batth fit again?

Another month. They want him to have 3 games in the U21 or behind closed doors before returning. Back in training but hasn't worked with the 1st team yet.

VLP in talks with a couple of clubs as well

Why? Stearman without Batth has looked just as poor as the rest.

Because Batth aside, I don't think our centre halves have amassed much more than 20 games between them.

Back