• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Something needs to be done about the transfer window generally, it is nonsense that a season starts with clubs not knowing whether players will remain at the club. Not just us with Afobe but every club.

Transfer deadline day annoys me more every time it comes round, broadcasters priding themselves on their coverage of all the "action" - signing a contract is not a sport in its own right ffs.:icon_mad::icon_mad:

Would help a bit in that all clubs would have a fixed/stable squad to start the competitive games, but wouldn't stop the furore that goes on just that it would finish earlier.

Also won't stop the Norwich style scenario which could lead to key players being lost just before the window closes & no time to get a suitable replacement in.

Twitter reporting fresh bid for Stearman from Fulham - source seems to be HITC

Should I be suspicious about Kenny Jackett's statement that Benik Afobe will be a Wolves player on Tuesday? What about Wednesday?

I hope that he has just got the dates mixed up like David(Frank Munro).

HITC is not a credible source as far as I can see. Right down there with Vital Football.

Should I be suspicious about Kenny Jackett's statement that Benik Afobe will be a Wolves player on Tuesday? What about Wednesday?

I hope that he has just got the dates mixed up by David/Frank.

He said "Benik is a Wolves player, and he will still be a Wolves player after the end of the window" after the Cardiff game.

They are now reporting Van La Parra interest from Leeds and Brighton. They were definitely the first outlet to break the Fulham and McDonald news

It seems that a few clubs are after a few of our players. Hopefully we won't lose a couple of players on deadline day.

We won't

( unless they are classed as not being part of the 1st team)

It will be a standard deadline day for. A load of rumours, cyber Pant wetting and the 5.30 announcement we have signed a midfielder from Margate for the Development squad.

We won't

( unless they are classed as not being part of the 1st team)

It will be a standard deadline day for. A load of rumours, cyber Pant wetting and the 5.30 announcement we have signed a midfielder from Margate for the Development squad.

While we're in that part of the world might be an idea to stop off at Gillingham and collect Bradley Dack?

Somewhere else had Fulham in for Macienne - a move to London may well attract him.

2 years ago we couldn't give our players away now we are fighting off bidders.

Maybe our wage structure has something to do with this. Some of the teams trying to buy our players, have less, or no more of a chance than us of promotion.

Back