• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

As GoldFlagFlyingHigh has been spot on in the past, it seems that Afobe hasn't said anything.

BBC WM Sport 95.6 ‏@sportbbcwm
#wolves KJ on potential incoming transfers: 'The recruitment team are working away. If we feel we can improve the squad then we will'

Jackett reiterates nothing's changed for the club regarding Afobe since their initial statement. KJ pleased with the club's stance

"If we feel we can improve the squad then we will"

I wonder what he saw in our first 4 league matches that make him think we can't?

We haven't been as bad as some like to think. The capitulation and change in the players so quickly is what has shocked

If we could get one of Forshaw or Dack in before Tuesday and keep hold of Henry, McDonald & Afobe then I'd be delighted.

I wouldn't be overly concerned if there were no further signings personally. Provided Baath returns on schedule.

On a different note, I was surprised Jordan Graham wasn't even in the 18 for the barnet game. Still a distance away from the first team? Suggests so. I think that raises additional concerns regarding our recruitment, as if it were known he wouldn't be the Sako replacement, or even understudy (& to be fair, the club have never really intimated that he was ready) then this merely highlights our need for width on the left.

Graham was in the match day 20. So getting closer.

I read somewhere that Gillingham rejected 300k from Bristol for Dack. Granted it was on a site posted from a fan, but if thats the value or roughly what he is available for and we think he could be useful then it's a no brainer surely?

Very noticeable that Sky Sports News have gone silent on any Afobe deal now. The Norwich leaks have stopped and the deal seems dead.

Very noticeable that Sky Sports News have gone silent on any Afobe deal now. The Norwich leaks have stopped and the deal seems dead.

I dunno, my gut says that things are at their most serious when they're at their most quiet.

Ironically on Talksport a manager being questioned on links with Lewis Grabban saying he wouldn't discuss it out of respect for Norwich and Alex Neill. Oh the irony

I dunno, my gut says that things are at their most serious when they're at their most quiet.

Basically, to keep everyone happy, we need Afobe to stay quiet and make a statement that is plastered all over the media.

Monday will be the silly day when most of the action will take place. Whether all three of Afobe, Henry and McDonald are still at Wolves next Tuesday is open to question.

Tuesday will be the action day. Monday is a bank holiday. Out of those three, I could only really see Henry moving on.

Something needs to be done about the transfer window generally, it is nonsense that a season starts with clubs not knowing whether players will remain at the club. Not just us with Afobe but every club.

Transfer deadline day annoys me more every time it comes round, broadcasters priding themselves on their coverage of all the "action" - signing a contract is not a sport in its own right ffs.:icon_mad::icon_mad:

What makes me want to vomit is the Sky Sports totaliser. Spaffing themselves stupid over the huge amount of money being spent is shite, and seems particularly crass in times of tight finances for most people.

Back