• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Tried to get a four-figure bet on with SkyBet on Benik staying at 4/9 but they've only offered me bloody £180!! Still stuck it on mind. Keep calm people (sorry, we are calm, I forgot this is not Molineux Mix!).

It put the spotlight back on Wolverhampton Wanderers, at the time. The most expensive player sold, then the most expensive player bought in England. I can understand people saying retrospectively he didn't score enough goals, but at the time, Wolverhampton was buzzing. Massive queues outside the South Bank, waiting to get in, before the palace match, where he signed on th pitch.

Was in the John Ireland for this match....wasnt there BMX's on the pitch too for some strange reason.

Probably got it off Twitter, but Talksport now saying Afobe and representatives have requested a meeting with Moxey.

Probably got it off Twitter, but Talksport now saying Afobe and representatives have requested a meeting with Moxey.

We will know if its true if Afobe misses the game on Saturday due to having StevenFletcheritis

Kenny Jackett seemed irked by Norwich's continued interest when the subject was put to him after last night's League Cup win over Barnet.

"He's a Wolves player and when the window shuts he'll still be a Wolves player," he said.

"There is an enormous amount of speculation. But he won't be leaving.

"We're looking at the whole picture, the amount of time left in the window, the overall prices, there's so much to consider and everything points to Wolves not letting anybody go

I don't get it, what's not to understand in that statement?

Kenny Jackett seemed irked by Norwich's continued interest when the subject was put to him after last night's League Cup win over Barnet.

"He's a Wolves player and when the window shuts he'll still be a Wolves player," he said.

"There is an enormous amount of speculation. But he won't be leaving.

"We're looking at the whole picture, the amount of time left in the window, the overall prices, there's so much to consider and everything points to Wolves not letting anybody go

I don't get it, what's not to understand in that statement?

Norwich are trying to unsettle the player. By coming back with a 2nd and 3rd bid, despite being told to bugger off they want Afobe to say actually I would like to speak with them. Just like Chelsea with Stones.

If we can get 14 million and he really has asked to see Moxey, we should sell. If he doesn't want to be here, better get the maximum for him. Better now, than on transfer deadline day.

But then again, if he hasn't asked to go, I'd love him to stay.

If Afobe decides he wants to join a Club that will be probably playing their football where he is currently playing his next season then screw the bastards for every penny and let him go.

If Afobe decides he wants to join a Club that will be probably playing their football where he is currently playing his next season then screw the bastards for every penny and let him go.

Always love this sort of argument, like Wolves can offer him anything better than that.

Norwich are just an annoying bunch of carrot crunchers, Wolves wont be bullied by such types and we should fully expect Afobe to see out this season in a Wolves shirt.

10 mths in the Premier League hanging on in virtually every game trying to get a result or playing for a team aiming for promotion.

All the speculation is coming from the Norwich end.
If Wolves are serious about keeping Afobe, then Steve Morgan should phone the Norwich chairman/owner and tell the him no uncertain terms to fuck off

Maybe if we had shown serious intent on promotion and bought a decent replacement for Sako, then things could have been different , but I doubt it.

PL clubs recieve so much money now, that new PL clubs will spend over the price, to try to stay in the PL. I would have thought that we would have a few targets lined up, if he does go.

Back