• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

The big fella, Andy Gray was signed with a dicky knee.

he failed his first medical and Barney (John Barnwell) sent him to a doctor pal in Nottingham where he magically passed.

The theory was after selling Daley, Marshall would have kept the money if Barney hadn't blown Gray out of proportion and bought him (via fan lust, and basically the on the pitch signing at Molineux).

However for all the $#@! about his dicky knee, he still burst Wolves into life, and was worth every penny.

Along with Emelyn Hughes the two raised the profile of Wolves way above where it was, and also succedded in drinking the Mount Hotel dry.

I was at both league cup finals and many nights at the mount with the pair of them, and i wouldn't swap it for the world, but I must say it's a $#@!ing blessing that there was no cypro in Wolverhampton at that time, ha ha ha .

Fond memories of the Big Fella and the Road Runner, and what a great time to be at Molineux.

I spent six months with Barney in Tenerife, magic fella, but i have no idea to this day how we are both still alive.ha ha ha

It put the spotlight back on Wolverhampton Wanderers, at the time. The most expensive player sold, then the most expensive player bought in England. I can understand people saying retrospectively he didn't score enough goals, but at the time, Wolverhampton was buzzing. Massive queues outside the South Bank, waiting to get in, before the palace match, where he signed on th pitch. I can still remember thousands of lads bouncing outside, singing Andy Gray, Andy Gray....Just for the goal against Forest, that brought joy to Wolverhampton, he was worth it to me.

I lived in New Cross, London at the time. I don't know how it happened, but the night, we won the league cup, about 2.0am in the morning, someone painted a huge wolf's head and underneath, it said WWFC LEAGUE CUP WINNERS 1980. it was there till 1992. I smiled every time I passed it.:icon_smile:

Andy-Gray-celebrating-after-a-goal-for-Wolves-against-Nottingham-Forest-in-the-League-Cup-Final-.jpg

Twitter rumour - Afobe requested a meeting with Jackett.

If he asks to leave, let him go. I won't much care for his decision but when a player wants to go IMO it's better to let them go.

This is not going to be pretty if it all kicks off.

I was afraid of this regarding afobe or dicko

Big thing to look at in Penks post is "Twitter Rumour"

My case to him would be that with this interest its only from Norwich, who we don't know how they will do in the Prem and might tank, remember when we wanted Clyne but he wanted to stay at Palace? could be similar, issue for us would be the lateness and us being fucked over, if this window closes with no replacements for Afobe and Sako we would struggle to get top half.

I'd be pretty pissed off if I were Jackett. Requesting a meeting at half 7 on a Wednesday? Ken would've been halfway through his dinner.

I would only sell if we have the paperwork with a replacement signed subject to finance. But there is all sorts of crap on Twitter and I won't believe anything until it's released by Wolves and Wolves only.

Back