• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

We should have been in for Forshaw in January.

Even if Arsenal had an option it would be with Wolves, not Afobe, who would be within his rights to turn down Arsenal if he didn't want to go there.

"Arsenal are using their buy back clause Benik, they want you back."

What? No way I'm going back there to play for a top four team and compete in the Champions League. Tell them to do one, I'm happy here.:icon_lol:

"Arsenal are using their buy back clause Benik, they want you back."

What? No way I'm going back there to play for a top four team and compete in the Champions League. Tell them to do one, I'm happy here.:icon_lol:

If Arsenal were ever interested in Benik Afobe you would have to think so would a number of other clubs of a similar ilk who may also be interested.

When you are wrong, the best way to deal with it is not be a knob.

There is no such thing as a buy back clause.

Well I beg to differ, so let's leave it at that and cut the personal insults out?

It's not big and it's not clever.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ng-4m-buy-back-clause-for-in-form-Carlos-Vela

A buy back clause, if it exists, only gives Arsenal the option to discuss a contract with Afobe if a pre-determined transfer fee is offered. It does not give Arsenal any rights over the player whatsoever. It would be an agreement between the two clubs.

If another club came in with an offer for Afobe he would be entitled to join that other club if a transfer fee was agreed with Wolves. A buy back clause that forced Afobe to rejoin Arsenal would be a restraint of trade and a breach of employment legislation.

If the mods have any concerns about my description of your behaviour they will act accordingly.

Try not to turn it into a tit for tit i'm right you're wrong point scoring argument it'll piss people off, take it from someone who knows. :icon_wink:

£8m bid apparently, up from the £6m we told them do one with last week.

That one will be laughed out of Molineux.

the word is that Lescott could be on his way out at W.B. Should we look at trying to bring him back ?

He'll be off to Villa.

No chance we can match Premier League wages in this division.

£8m bid apparently, up from the £6m we told them do one with last week.

That one will be laughed out of Molineux.

There's not even the slightest temptation with those kind of bids, its just a struggle to understand the Norwich strategy.

the word is that Lescott could be on his way out at W.B. Should we look at trying to bring him back ?

We can ask, but it won't happen.
If he leaves it will be to Villa. That is the team he supported as a kid so he will want to go there regardless I think.

Current rumours going around (I know, I know): Henry to Charlton, Dack to Wolves, Forshaw to Wolves... The trapezium is back on...

Bloody hell, another central midfielder?

For all the talk of freeing up money thanks to shedding the high earners, we're going to be paying wages for players like Rowe, Saville, even Evans, who appear not to have a long-term future here (though, admittedly, I don't really feel too bad about the first two of those three). Or this could be the club anticipating McDonald leaving?

Back