• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

There's no prospect of Newcastle or Norwich signing Afobe in the foreseeable future. Arsenal would simply trigger their £5m buy back clause before that could happen. It’s pretty routine stuff for the big boys to include these clauses in transfer agreements as standard really.

A few mates of mine are Gooners and they say it's well known that the buy back clause was included.

There's no prospect of Newcastle or Norwich signing Afobe in the foreseeable future. Arsenal would simply trigger their £5m buy back clause before that could happen. It’s pretty routine stuff for the big boys to include these clauses in transfer agreements as standard really.

A few mates of mine are Gooners and they say it's well known that the buy back clause was included.

:fished:

:ursofunny:

Can people please stop quoting this arsehole when he's blatantly making things up? I'm perfectly fine with him on my ignore list but there's no point if everyone keeps rising to the bait.

Can people please stop quoting this arsehole when he's blatantly making things up? I'm perfectly fine with him on my ignore list but there's no point if everyone keeps rising to the bait.

No place for personal insults on a forum.

Personally I am with DeJaVu on this, it might not be the value he asks as imagine we would have them match what we are offered, but I know they included them on a few other players they have let go in the past, if anyone values their youth products enough to know that they might develop with first team football, then it would be Arsenal.

Personally I am with DeJaVu on this, it might not be the value he asks as imagine we would have them match what we are offered, but I know they included them on a few other players they have let go in the past, if anyone values their youth products enough to know that they might develop with first team football, then it would be Arsenal.

Ah, there is a voice of reason on this forum after all. Arsenal have never let a product of their youth system leave without these clauses written in. Carlos Vela was a well documented one. Hell, they even had a buy back option on Fabregas.

For all those still wondering why we got him? Wonder no more.

There isn't usually amount set in a buy back clause though is there, just that they have first option?

Ah, there is a voice of reason on this forum after all. Arsenal have never let a product of their youth system leave without these clauses written in. Carlos Vela was a well documented one. Hell, they even had a buy back option on Fabregas.

For all those still wondering why we got him? Wonder no more.

Yes but we also have Jez who whatever his faults even the most anti Moxey Wolves fan would acknowledge he is a brilliant negotiator and he would have negotiated the buy back (if there is one) as aggressively as ever and we'd still come out if it well.

There isn't usually amount set in a buy back clause though is there, just that they have first option?

Yep.

If we get a bid of £15m and decide to cash in, we will have to go to Arsenal and tell them Afobe is available for that amount and do they want match that and speak to him first.

Back