• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Chris Wood from Leicester City, he has to move on this summer.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we went for him. Sam Gallagher been mentioned as well but I agree with DW about those type of loans.

I don't think Wood is a bad player but I just don't see how he fits for us now. We want mobility up top.
He fits if we go three up top which seems to be the trend, 4-3-3 just might be better for both Afobe and Dicko.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we went for him. Sam Gallagher been mentioned as well but I agree with DW about those type of loans.

F**k him (Wood). If he was interested he would have come last season and even if his wage demands have dropped since I don't want him.

Andreas Weimann from the Villa, not going to get a game under the Sherwood revolution.

Lol, we were linked with him during the Solbakken reign.

Diego Fabbrini on his way out at Watford. He was class for Blues, one of the better opposition players I saw this season. Wouldn't mind us going in for him.

Lightweight fanny, no ta.

Looked better than our very own lightweight fanny Michael Jacobs.

Who doesn't get in our team, so we don't need another one.

Suggesting Adnan Januzaj is probably treading into pipedream territory, ay?

Who doesn't get in our team, so we don't need another one.

Maybe we just need an upgrade. Fabbrini gave Price the run around at St. Andrews, he could be exactly the type of ball player we need operating behind Dicko & Afobe.

I don't think there's any way you could play Dicko, Afobe AND a Fabbrini/Jacobs type without reverting to some bullshit diamond midfield nonsense, and then we are getting into Hoddle realms.

It's either a flat 4-4-2 as we've played more or less since February, or the 4-2-3-1 we played throughout 2014. My money's on the former as we can't really leave out either striker, so we need to find the players to make that work.

Off to PSV on loan I think.

Dan, I wouldn't be so against a diamond. We have good, quick full backs who can cope with the increased attacking responsibilities and b) KJ would make it work far better than H*ddle

Off to PSV on loan I think.

Dan, I wouldn't be so against a diamond. We have good, quick full backs who can cope with the increased attacking responsibilities and b) KJ would make it work far better than H*ddle

Was just about to say this, a midfield diamond could work with the personnel we have. I also think van La Parra would suit being at the tip of the diamond far more than out wide, his movement off the ball, through balls and close control would be brought into play far more if he was given the freedom that role provides. Look at his two assists vs Watford (A) and Ipswich (H), he could do a hell of a lot of damage in those areas.

The problem would be the three behind him. I don't think Price or McDonald fit perfectly into any three of those positions.

I like genuine width, Iorfa is fantastic but we can't rely on him providing genuine end product at the moment, his crossing is poor. Scotty seems to have given up on crossing the ball, he always lays it inside these days.

I like genuine width, Iorfa is fantastic but we can't rely on him providing genuine end product at the moment, his crossing is poor. Scotty seems to have given up on crossing the ball, he always lays it inside these days.

Seems to me that a full preseason of work could alleviate both of these issues.

I think you overestimate what can be done in four weeks when the focus is necessarily on fitness.

I wouldn't have van la Parra behind the forward. He's done OK as a striker in a two though. Against Fulham we went

McDonald

Evans Price

Edwards

van la Parra Clarke#

And it worked quite well, according to those who were there.

With Dicko and Afobe as the forwards, and a quality player in behind it could work quite well.

Back