• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Confirmed Martinez signs season long loan according to Sky

Yes! I hope we can get him permanently..

Will Martinez be the first Argentinian to play for Wolves? Can't think of any others off the top of my head.

There's still fans on different platforms accusing us of doing it on the cheap.

I don't understand that mentality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we signed Jota and Martinez today, tomorrow they'd be wanting us to spend more on a centre half or a back up left back.

Yep I agree. I still can't believe we got IMO the best striker outside the Prem for £2.5m! Seems some would rather we paid £7.5m as it shows ambishon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And moaning because albion spend £12m is ridiculous. Different division. There are posters with very retrench ed views that can't back down. Then you get the "I will support them on the terraces but it is my right to moan on forums"

FWIW I would be all over a Jota signing. Even at £4m plus. Would be a tremendous asset to the team.

I said when we signed Coady that he would be the player we thought we were getting when we signed Saville. If we were to sign Jota I think he'd be the player we thought we were getting when we signed van La Parra.

Only way we get him as cheap as £4m is if he has a release clause though.

I said when we signed Coady that he would be the player we thought we were getting when we signed Saville. If we were to sign Jota I think he'd be the player we thought we were getting when we signed van La Parra.

Only way we get him as cheap as £4m is if he has a release clause though.

Or if he wants to leave his team and forces a transfer through because he can see the direction we are heading...

Has anybody got any links to this? Or is it just the odd Brentford fan on Twitter?

Jackett's just been on the news stating that this is for sure, not as important as the league, but it IS our next competetive game, so we want to build a winning mentality, so yes, expect a few changes.
He also noted that it was at this stage last season when we went out to lower opposition.
I'd love to see a decent run in the cup, but looking at Deutch's table we seem to go out to Prem teams at the first time of coming up against them.
However, let's see how we do tonight.
And as my glass is always brimming over, I am of course looking forward to running amok....

Pretty sure there's zero credibility to it, might have been just one random Brentford fan on twitter or something. It's not even made the likes of hitc.

Where does Jota come from (apart from Spain) when his name is José Ignacio Peleteiro Ramallo?

Jackett's just been on the news stating that this is for sure, not as important as the league, but it IS our next competetive game, so we want to build a winning mentality, so yes, expect a few changes.
He also noted that it was at this stage last season when we went out to lower opposition.
I'd love to see a decent run in the cup, but looking at Deutch's table we seem to go out to Prem teams at the first time of coming up against them.
However, let's see how we do tonight.
And as my glass is always brimming over, I am of course looking forward to running amok....

He said that kind of thing the last two seasons and all.

If the Jota rumour is true (and, tbh, I don't think it is, but I live in hope), it kind of implies that maybe the Henry to Charlton deal is back on as well, perhaps. We'd be overstocked with right-wingers if not, and the squad has probably a body or two too many at the moment as it is.

Back