• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Deutsch is a transfer oracle.

To me that means that either McCarey is off (loan but wouldn't be surprised by a permanent move) or we're worried about Ikeme's fitness.

Williams is another strange one. Decent player but injury prone and I'm not sure where he'd fit into our weird midfield rhombus.

Is DW secretly scouting for Wolves or is the scouting that bad Wolves are trawling the forums in a desperate attempt to find players?*

*that's a joke by the way.

That's one of my best ever coups, something I completely made up ending up happening.

He was excellent for Arsenal last season when Szczesny and Ospina were injured.

Spiers says Jacket's said Martinez will be in goal tomorrow, provided the paperwork is done on time.

He's a good goalie - possibly better than Ikeme? Have a feeling McCarey's not going to make the grade and Flatt'll end up our third-choice for most of the season.

McCarey is 24 in January. If he isn't ready now to be viable competition for Ikeme - which I think Ken would like, we can't have room for complacency in any of our players, and Ikeme should know that errors such as Saturday can't be repeated if he wants to keep the shirt - then he never will be.

I think Ikeme is struggling a bit with injuries too and we need somebody who can play from the off not a 2nd keeper a la Ross Turnbull/ Brad Jones, splinter gatherer.

If this happens (and it looks like it will), our squad really will look a lot stronger than a week or two ago.

Ikeme keeps the shirt for me, though.

I don't understand tho, why would Arsenal send a keeper on loan to the league below for him to sit on the bench, and why would the man want to do that anyway?

He has no chance of making it at Arsenal now they have signed Cech and no Premier League club is going to loan/buy him and give him the number one shirt at this stage. Given Ikeme's variable fitness record he has a reasonable chance of gametime here.

Maybe Kenny has told Arsene we're going for a cup run this year...

But surely there's a championship club that he'd go straight into without question which would make more sense for his development?! Or are we expecting it to be a loan with view to a permanent deal, therefore him coming in to be number 1? Or is it literally just in case Ikeme gets crocked?

I don't understand tho, why would Arsenal send a keeper on loan to the league below for him to sit on the bench, and why would the man want to do that anyway?

I was thinking that. Arsenal will want him to be playing, so maybe he will replace Ikeme in goal.

I think I'd take Martinez instead of that clown in goal at 'Boro.

Most clubs will by definition be happy with their number one keeper at this stage, however flawed we think their reasoning is. If they don't bid for Martinez then Arsenal can't send him there.

Same reason we got Kuszczak on a free three months into the season.

As I wouldn't see McCarey as anything other than an emergency back up for short term injury then very happy if/when this comes off.

Any side serious about challenging for promotion needs 2 keepers fighting for the shirt - stops any complacency

Back