• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Don't apologise, what makes the forum good is that discussions develop and go off at tangents

Fair enough - was just trying to be polite. It was the way I was brung up

Should have 'smilied' the earlier post as wasn't intended as being serious

Surely a good man manager works with those players to get them onside and even if he doesn't think they are the long term future of the club gets the best out of them in the short term? I just don't buy this the players didn't try crap that the Stale apologists come out with, without apportioning as much if not more of the blame at him/Morgan as the players. Those 'performances' against Ipswich and Peterborough are the worst back to back at home games I have ever seen in my circa 25+ years of being a regular matchgoer. Any half decent manager would have sorted out that mess and kept us up,
I agree with most of your post, but the problem with the naughty players continued until we brought in KJ. I don't believe Solbakken was backed by the powers that be in the club with those players who were causing problems.
Morgan has learnt the hard way, he was OK when things were going good, he made many mistakes, when things started to go wrong. However, I think he has learnt from his mistakes and I am happy he is our owner, as I believe he cares.
Anyway it is a new season. I am excited and if we can keep KM, I believe we won't be far off promotion.

I still don't know why we made Doumbia a permanent deal so quickly just because of a couple of good early games. That was the big mistake with him.

I think the idea was that signing him permanently would help him settle, or something. Obviously it didn't work out that way.

I don't normally engage in debates about the past, what's gone's gone, but any apologist for Solbakken couldn't have possibly seen the two home Christmas games against Peterborough and Ipswich, arguably the two worst games I've ever seen at Molineux.

I don't normally engage in debates about the past, what's gone's gone, but any apologist for Solbakken couldn't have possibly seen the two home Christmas games against Peterborough and Ipswich, arguably the two worst games I've ever seen at Molineux.

Think it was Penk who said that P'boro and Ipswich would have had more difficult matches against a set of eleven traffic cones.

Yes, this is the summer improvement thread but I for one occasionally need to be reminded of the horrors of the past just to be grateful of where we are now. And absolutely right that we were lucky to be relegated to Division One, otherwise Dean would have stayed for another year. Just to sober you up I offer the team that lost at Brighton:

De Vries Doherty Johnson Gorkss Elokobi / Dicko Henry Doumbia O'Hara Sako / Doyle. Subs McCarey Robinson Ward Batth McAlinden Siggy Hunt

We have come a long way...

I appear to have logged on to the mix by mistake. Why on earth is our transfer thread full of the old solbakken/Saunders shite again? It's gone, a new season is upon us. Get over it.

Why have you just highlighted my post? Fact was he was a disgrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, this is the summer improvement thread but I for one occasionally need to be reminded of the horrors of the past just to be grateful of where we are now. And absolutely right that we were lucky to be relegated to Division One, otherwise Dean would have stayed for another year. Just to sober you up I offer the team that lost at Brighton:

De Vries Doherty Johnson Gorkss Elokobi / Dicko Henry Doumbia O'Hara Sako / Doyle. Subs McCarey Robinson Ward Batth McAlinden Siggy Hunt

We have come a long way...

That's not a league 1 team though. Shows how appalling our managers post Mick were

I agree with most of your post, but the problem with the naughty players continued until we brought in KJ. I don't believe Solbakken was backed by the powers that be in the club with those players who were causing problems.
Morgan has learnt the hard way, he was OK when things were going good, he made many mistakes, when things started to go wrong. However, I think he has learnt from his mistakes and I am happy he is our owner, as I believe he cares.
Anyway it is a new season. I am excited and if we can keep KM, I believe we won't be far off promotion.

When players have to hire their own fitness trainers as they aren't fit enough (by their own admission) and the manager is too aloof to speak normally to them (apparently that's the Scandinavian way) what do you expect?

Please don't believe too much of the naughty player crap. I'm glad Henry had the balls to go above Solbakken.

Apologies - started with the news that Margreitter has been paid off, one of the last of Stale's signings and went from there.

We are all suitably admonished & will deal with the now & future from now on.

[emoji2] no discussions about the past.

So who did we sign yesterday?

Damn

With regards to Solbakken we spent a lot when he came in - Sako, Boukari, Margrietter, Sigurdarson, Doumbia (first on loan and then signed permanently), Peszco (or however you spelt his name) - I don't think I've forgotten anyone and Nouble wasn't his signing in the first place. Spent at least £10 million on the lot (granted we had that from the sales of Fletcher/Jarvis) and out of all of them only Sako turned out to be good.

He seemed likeable but he didn't cut it here

:wolves:Why are we talking about Solbakken?

I guess it's a case of comparing the signings, the change of managers and the strong position we find our self in, in a relatively short space of time. A lot of this can be attributed to the job that KJ has done.
Sometimes it's good to look back and see the change that has occured especially when the change has been for the better

Truthfully I think the whole ethos about the club has changed uder KJ and that has incuded Mr Morgan and Mr Moxey keeping their noses out and their profiles lower and leaving KT and KJ to get on with it. Ok we now pay lower wages but we have no big time charlies. Ok we may not have all the quality on paper but we have great quality where it matters and we are begining to have a depth to the quality that was missing last year. Good week, good signings and hope for the season. If they play to their potential we wil;l be alright and have an enjoyable season. We may even make it up! Who knows but lets enjoy it eh?

Was that live on tv? I saw it somehow and it was the most depressing game I've ever seen. Unbelievably, we then managed to lose to Luton in the FA cup a few days later. Grim times.

I was fortunate. I was in Oz and missed Peterborough Ipswich and Luton. I asked for goal update texts from Kenny and amazingly hardly heard a thing!

Back