• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

A lot of excuses for basically poor players. Around £4m on Doumbia and Boukari wasn't it?

No idea, as I say though without fucking morons in the locker room Doumbia may have felt much better about relocating and Boukari was worth somewhere in that neighborhood by himself before the freak injury.

Doumbia was dreadful.

Solbakken spent about 13m and wasted 10.5m of it, which is a lot of money at this level,

Go back and read the first reports here on Tongo, we were falling at his feet in worship. Something else happened along the way to break that level of performance.

Go back and read the first reports here on Tongo, we were falling at his feet in worship. Something else happened along the way to break that level of performance.

He had a few good games early such as Barnsley at home, they were the exception not the norm, he was poor,

Peszko was one who was worth seeing more off - am sure that Saunders locked him in a basement room when he arrived for some misdemeanor

He had a few good games early such as Barnsley at home, they were the exception not the norm, he was poor,

Yep. He was great for the first couple of games after a promising pre season. Then he decided to become the footballing version of an agoraphobic hermit crab on the pitch.

:wallbash:

Anyway it's all moot. I wasn't anticipating this to blow into a full-forum FFA.

I remember him having a decent game against Derby at home too. The Egg came on for him when he ran out of steam....and then we drew in the last minute.

They were both $#@!ing appalling managers who did a lot of damage to the club. Both culpable in our relegation.

Sure, Ståle was likeable and I genuinely wanted him to be a success but he was absolutely horrendous for us. He left us with a lot of utter $#@!e that cost millions on big money that we're still paying even now.

Solbakken came to Wolves at the wrong time. When he had problems with the naughty boys, he was not supported. The powers that be, backed the naughty boys, who brought shame on our famous club.
Solbakken was not to blame for our relegation, but the players who didn't give a shit about Wolverhampton Wanderers football club or their loyal supporters were.
Morgan made big mistakes, which I think he has learnt from.

Bit harsh on Ståle, who knows how some of those players would have turned out had his philosophy ever taken root.

The failure of that regime is 100% on the players, IMO.
Why? Stale was fucking dreadful. Most of the worst football I have witnessed supporting the Wolves was during his reign.

Someone put a thread up on here called "Worried about Doumbia" or something like that, in which they said he had started so well they were worried a Champs League team was going to hijack him!

I do remember seeing him and being impressed, then I remember seeing him again and swearing...

Solbakken was a $#@!ing disgrace. In so many ways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appear to have logged on to the mix by mistake. Why on earth is our transfer thread full of the old solbakken/Saunders shite again? It's gone, a new season is upon us. Get over it.

Solbakken came to Wolves at the wrong time. When he had problems with the naughty boys, he was not supported. The powers that be, backed the naughty boys, who brought shame on our famous club.
Solbakken was not to blame for our relegation, but the players who didn't give a $#@! about Wolverhampton Wanderers football club or their loyal supporters were.
Morgan made big mistakes, which I think he has learnt from.
Surely a good man manager works with those players to get them onside and even if he doesn't think they are the long term future of the club gets the best out of them in the short term? I just don't buy this the players didn't try crap that the Stale apologists come out with, without apportioning as much if not more of the blame at him/Morgan as the players. Those 'performances' against Ipswich and Peterborough are the worst back to back at home games I have ever seen in my circa 25+ years of being a regular matchgoer. Any half decent manager would have sorted out that mess and kept us up, we didn't get one!

The £3m signing of Doumbia was just bizarre. Yes he was good for the first 3/4 games but was already dropped from the team by the time we signed him. Alan always says he was depressed although I've never seen a quote supporting this unless "failed to settle" is supposed to be a euphemism for depression. However even if this were true then even more the ridiculous the signing.

I appear to have logged on to the mix by mistake. Why on earth is our transfer thread full of the old solbakken/Saunders shite again? It's gone, a new season is upon us. Get over it.

Apologies - started with the news that Margreitter has been paid off, one of the last of Stale's signings and went from there.

We are all suitably admonished & will deal with the now & future from now on.

Apologies - started with the news that Margreitter has been paid off, one of the last of Stale's signings and went from there.

We are all suitably admonished & will deal with the now & future from now on.
Don't apologise, what makes the forum good is that discussions develop and go off at tangents

Back