• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Bit harsh on Ståle, who knows how some of those players would have turned out had his philosophy ever taken root.

The failure of that regime is 100% on the players, IMO.

Except that his ideas would only have worked with a squad that was completely in tune, and ours wasn't.

Don't think he had the ability to adapt his methods to what he had & bring it in over a period.

Then again its history now & no real point wondering 'what if'.

Just that his history at Copenhagen also pointed to slow starts.

Still his position was nigh untenable anyway when he was sacked but I don't particularly feel at ease with slating him too harshly.

Just that his history at Copenhagen also pointed to slow starts.

Still his position was nigh untenable anyway when he was sacked but I don't particularly feel at ease with slating him too harshly.

Not slating him - think he could have done well in the right circumstances.

When he came to us it wasn't & the tools to do the job he wanted weren't to hand.

Agree with that, didn't mean that you were slating him particularly, just see it happen from time to time.

Agree with that, didn't mean that you were slating him particularly, just see it happen from time to time.

Certainly don't think of him in the same category as his successor. Could have worked, but wrong time for him & us really.

Comparing Solbakken and Saunders is like comparing cake to boiled spinach.

Boiled spinach with poison in it.

Comparing Solbakken and Saunders is like comparing cake to boiled spinach.

Boiled spinach with poison in it.

They were both fucking appalling managers who did a lot of damage to the club. Both culpable in our relegation.

Sure, Ståle was likeable and I genuinely wanted him to be a success but he was absolutely horrendous for us. He left us with a lot of utter shite that cost millions on big money that we're still paying even now.

They were both $#@!ing appalling managers who did a lot of damage to the club. Both culpable in our relegation.

Sure, Ståle was likeable and I genuinely wanted him to be a success but he was absolutely horrendous for us. He left us with a lot of utter $#@!e that cost millions on big money that we're still paying even now.

Way OTT, I feel.

I think Solbakken only bought 3 players (Siggy, Pescko and George), I still don't think he bought any of the French players. That was Morgan listening to that prick Mackay and his footballing chums at his hotel.

It's still a 0% success rate however you look at it.

Way OTT, I feel.

How is that OTT? Look what he spent on the likes of Doumbia et al. They were all horrific signings, Sako aside. He did a massive amount of damage.

Like I said, never know how things would have gone if the old fuckers had actually given half a fuck about anything.

Peszko was a loan deal, not a purchase.

Indeed, one of the rumors around was that Deano stopped playing him because he had a "play x amount of games to trigger purchase" clause.

Like I said, never know how things would have gone if the old $#@!ers had actually given half a $#@! about anything.

Boukari would still break and Doumbia would still be depressed and Peszcko still wouldn't have given a shit. Nothing to do with the old guard who were an absolute waste of time.

Boukari was always a freak thing, Doumbia could have done much better in a different environment, Peszko was fine until Deano came along.

I'm not saying Ståle would have had us in the kind of good shape we are now, but acting like he torched the place is just silly.

He only played 11 games!

Injured under Ståle, barely played under Deano IIRC. Anyway I'm just saying what the rumor was. The bust up over not travelling with the team just to sit on the bench is probably more credible.

Boukari was always a freak thing, Doumbia could have done much better in a different environment, Peszko was fine until Deano came along.

A lot of excuses for basically poor players. Around £4m on Doumbia and Boukari wasn't it?

Indeed, one of the rumors around was that Deano stopped playing him because he had a "play x amount of games to trigger purchase" clause.

More like Saunders wouldn't play Peszko because he probably called him out for having the managerial ability of a watermelon.

I'm not saying Ståle would have had us in the kind of good shape we are now, but acting like he torched the place is just silly.

Doumbia was dreadful.

Solbakken spent about 13m and wasted 10.5m of it, which is a lot of money at this level,

Back