• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

The problem is that Liverpool love a flash in the pan, flavour of the month player. If Ojo gets off to a flier here and they're bobbing along in mid table they'll be clamouring to get him back.

Coutinho
Firmino
Lallana
Markovic
Ibe

Plus Milner and Origi who can play wide, Brentdan already has them stupidly overstocked with attacking midfield options. Almost as if he has no concept of how building a squad works.

Is he any good or are we just going off what Liverpool fans have seen from youth games?

Coutinho
Firmino
Lallana
Markovic
Ibe

Plus Milner and Origi who can play wide, Brentdan already has them stupidly overstocked with attacking midfield options. Almost as if he has no concept of how building a squad works.

As if that'll stop them. There was no massive need for them to recall Ibe from Derby last season.

Is he any good or are we just going off what Liverpool fans have seen from youth games?

The in laws say he's the best player they've seen at MK and they include seeing Afobe play for them

EDIT; They went to a lot of the Academy games and he was head and shoulders above the other players. They thought he would break through and be the catalyst that took MK to the next level

He's never played a professional game for them...

He was 14 when he was nabbed by Liverpool.

Wigan STH at work says he can beat a man, but his crossing is poor...a left sided RVLP then. He did say that was in a poor Wigan team without any confidence though and would look a different player in a team doing well

Edit - twas bollocks

On Edit..They are never away from MK games at all levels (yes they are sad) and they were gutted he left and more gutted now!

I missunderstood their whinging/bitching...The txts are glorious!

Apparently we have pinched Ryan Hiwatt for the under-21s from under the noses of Oldham Athletic. Former Sparta Rotterdam and PSV Eindhoven junior player and is a forward.

Apparently a murdoch rag is suggesting bristol city are favourites to sign lingard for £2.5 million.

Should we be looking at this? Or is that too much?

At £2.5m we should be all over it. Can't see Lingard going to Bristol City. This is an agent getting the acceptable price out into the market to drum up an auction.

Apparently we have pinched Ryan Hiwatt for the under-21s from under the noses of Oldham Athletic. Former Sparta Rotterdam and PSV Eindhoven junior player and is a forward.

Article, Oldham Chronicle

RYAN Hiwat will not become an Athletic player following his unexpected signing for Championship outfit Wolves.

The 19-year-old forward spent last week on trial, impressing manager Darren Kelly. But after not being used at Carlisle, the former Sparta Rotterdam and PSV Eindhoven junior has opted to try the Championship - earning his agent a rebuke from the Latics board..

“We are extremely angry at the conduct of the player's agent in this matter,” said Athletic director Barry Owen.

Last week Hiwat turned out for Athletic in the second half of the friendly at Halifax a day after reporting for training and showed flashes of skill and pace. But at Carlisle, Kelly opted to keep Hiwat out while giving second-half run-outs to Dominic Poleon, Rhys Murphy, George Green and Danny Philliskirk.

For Hiwat the chance to move to a higher level was too tempting to turn down. He started training with Wolves yesterday.

Kelly admitted his regret at the loss: “I’m disappointed, but the thing with agents is that sometimes they can be disruptive. I know Ryan enjoyed his time here, but that chapter is closed and we move on.”

Meanwhile Kelly has given his verdict on new loan defender Jonathan Burn, who has signed from Middlesbrough until January 1.

“Jonathan is a young defender with bags of potential and I'm looking forward to working with him,” Kelly said, of a player who was Boro's under-21s captain last season.

As for Gavin Gunning, who remains on trial at the club, the Chronicle understands a final decision will be made soon. His leadership qualities have impressed, but the ex-Birmingham man still appears short of full match fitness.

£2.5m is expensive IMO. He's not that good with his end product from what I saw of him at Derby. I'd rather give Ojo a go for nowt.

Liverpool fan I spoke to says Ojo is still raw but likes to run in behind players and has a good shot on him. Sounds like a younger version of Sako if his crossing is poor too.

Hiwat obligatory Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBnH5v1WGF0

One thing you can see about Ojo from clips - he's bloody fast. We'll do some damage on the break, that's for sure

hqdefault.jpg

Just had a message from a Liverpool fan on FF saying he'll be offered a new deal, so no chance permanent. However wouldn't a new deal have been signed before he went on loan. For me that's the usually way to go about things isn't it if your looking to hold onto the kid for the future.

Doesn't mean he'll sign it. Same with Jordan Sinclair. He turned down a new contract with them.

New contracts don't necessarily mean anything, Lescott and Olofinjana signed new long term deals with no expectation of seeing them out if we didn't do anything in the first year of the contract. Pedro signed a new contract at Barcelona in June and they're trying to sell him now.

Back