• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Yep Le Fondre is a decent option as third choice.

Tim Spiers says it's happening too - seems legit. Le Fondre is a very solidly reliable Championship striker, nothing fancy but perfect as a third choice striker on a season-long loan. Happy with that.

Now just a left winger and we're ready...

A great move, and we haven't got too much to lose by loaning him (his record at Cardiff has been quite questionable). He offers something different to Dicko and Afobe too. Very happy with him as third choice.

Would be very happy with ALF. Very capable at this level.

So far I haven't been worried about Wolves transfer activity. I'm not so relaxed at the thought of signing Adam Le Fondre. His record in championship/premier league is like Leon Clarke's in League 1/Championship.

The few times that I've seen him on TV, he added next to nothing to the team's play outside of the opposition six-yard box. I really can't see him being anything like a last throw of the dice sub when we need a goal in the last ten minutes.

I find it very difficult to get excited about such a signing (if it happens).

Surely a poacher is exactly what we need when pushing for a goal? We'd be seeing plenty of the ball and peppering the box trying to score so someone to pop up and stick it away sounds ideal. Better than an Andy Keogh style link striker in any case.

Bit whelmed by this - wonder if we'll end up pushing Bright back sitting him behind a journeyman striker

Similar thing happened with Keita and Clarke I think?

Surely a poacher is exactly what we need when pushing for a goal? We'd be seeing plenty of the ball and peppering the box trying to score so someone to pop up and stick it away sounds ideal. Better than an Andy Keogh style link striker in any case.

The Kevin Phillips factor.

Not really sure how anyone can moan about this signing. We needed a 3rd striking option with experience. It's unrealistic to expect Dicko and afobe to complete all 46 games plus cup matches, it's also unrealistic to expect our only backup for these 2 to be 17 year old kids with no experience of any competitive professional football. We have signed a player who in general has a very good record at this level and has gone through spells of good goalscoring form in the Premier League.

I doubt we would have been able to attract a much better pedigree player that is happy to sit 3rd choice behind Dicko and Afobe. Enobakhare will still get games. It's a long season.

His record in championship/premier league is like Leon Clarke's in League 1/Championship.

Eh?

Leon has never contributed anything at this level.

ALF has a more than decent record at this level and has done OK in the Premier League. He's absolutely fine as a third choice even if he's not going to offer much outside of the box.

So far I haven't been worried about Wolves transfer activity. I'm not so relaxed at the thought of signing Adam Le Fondre. His record in championship/premier league is like Leon Clarke's in League 1/Championship.

The few times that I've seen him on TV, he added next to nothing to the team's play outside of the opposition six-yard box. I really can't see him being anything like a last throw of the dice sub when we need a goal in the last ten minutes.

I find it very difficult to get excited about such a signing (if it happens).

Ridiculous.

He's had a rotten time at Cardiff with the circus of Tan/Mackay, the failed Solsjear appointment and been punted out on loan to Notlob by Slade. His record of 8 goals in 17 games at Bolton can't be sniffed at and done very well at Reading in particular, scoring more than Doyle and equalling Fletcher in the Prem.

He's younger, has played more games and scored more goals, has a goals to games ratio of 2:5 compared to 3:6 and has played at a higher level for 4 of the last 5 seasons.

ALF is a good back up striker no more/no less.

Does he strengthen the squad? Yes.

First team? No. But then we're hardly going to be looking to do that anyway with the best pairing in the division

@graham_large · 2h2 hours ago
The loan signing of Sheyi Ojo should be announced within the next 48 hours - I'll stick my neck out on this one! #wwfc

@graham_large · 3m3 minutes ago
@MartinDanks Yeah. Believe he is due at Compton either later today or tomorrow. Been sniffing around Jerome Sinclair too.

Graham wouldn't make things up.

The real wolves twitter have tweeted.. Le fondre is having talks with us

@OfficialWolves · 3m3 minutes ago
Kenny Jackett has confirmed that Wolves have reached an agreement with Cardiff to speak to Adam Le Fondre and he will be at the club today.

@OfficialWolves · 25s25 seconds ago
The Head Coach has also confirmed Wolves' interest in Liverpool's Sheyi Ojo but admitted the process isn't as far along as Adam Le Fondre.

I'd be happy with nabbing Sinclair while we're at it.

Get both and that's a good piece of business.

Seems KJ is actually pretty good at forcing the board's hand when it comes to transfers. Playing Edwards out left against Villa has done the trick. A tip of the hat to Jackett.

So after all that & 88 pages of speculation - we're going to start the season having signed a 3rd option up top and a left winger after all.

Back