• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

So after all that & 88 pages of speculation - we're going to start the season having signed a 3rd option up top and a left winger after all.

It's almost worth having to read 4-5 pages of fake Twitter accounts and incredibly dull discussion of where players live. Almost.

So after all that & 88 pages of speculation - we're going to start the season having signed a 3rd option up top and a left winger after all.

Until they're signed and with a Wolves shirt in front of them then I'll reserve judgement for now.

CKrm4nyWsAAs_SU.jpg

He's not really my cup of tea as a footballer but that is pretty impressive.

That is some record. If we get him, and I think it is pretty much done, then that is the forward line absolutely sorted. Ojo will presumably be the left wing slot (along with maybe Jordan Graham) if he arrives as well, so weaknesses and deficiencies are being addressed. Get these over the line and I will class it as a pretty successful window.

Unsurprisingly, elsewhere posters who have been clamouring for a winger and back-up striker are now moaning that we need a new centre back (which we don't) just so they can continue to moan.

I always thought he was a decent player at Reading. I wonder what happened to him at Cardiff for him to go off the boil. Apart from them being a bit of a circus, obviously...

I always thought he was a decent player at Reading. I wonder what happened to him at Cardiff for him to go off the boil. Apart from them being a bit of a circus, obviously...

They had about 8,124,563 strikers at the start of last season, he just never got a proper run. Plus Slade is a joke.

Of course he is one of those players where if you create nothing for him he may as well not be on the pitch.

Best thing about signing Alfie is that the Horwich fans absolutely loved him and were desperate to get him back.

Rotherham fans were desperate to see him go there too, not sure they were ever in for him but there was a lot of talk from the fans about it.

Just looked on a Notlob forum*. They are absolutely devastated at this. Fucking excellent.

*I feel filthy

Did ALF and Dicko play together at Rotherham?

I think Dicko was a couple of seasons after Le Fondre.

Contrary to recent signings he's someone I've heard of, I haven't followed his progress recently so the question is, is he any good?

He is just a finisher. If we create chances for him then he will get goals even with limited game time. If we asked him to do what Dicko (in particular) and Afobe do then he'd look rubbish.

hes better in a two which would suit us anyway. I think that is a very good three strikers for this level

Back