• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

If (and it still remains an if for me, I'm not that sure we will) we stick with 4-4-2 - most agree we need at least one real quality CM. I think we need at least two. Evans, Rowe and Saville are all already on the sidelines, even Edwards is ahead of all of them.

I like Evans but maybe it just isn't going to work for him. Rowe is shit. Saville doesn't seem to have assimilated well with the squad or fit with what we need. If we could get near £1m for the three I'd be minded to take it - plus the spare wage budget, must be near £15k a week at least - and put it towards investing well in some real class.

One quality cm is an absolute must for me whether we play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or just one up front, preferably I'd like two. Personally I would like to give Saville another season but he must either be involved in the first team squad or out on loan where he can play regularly, I accept he's done very little so far but then again he's had hardly any first team game time and when he did get a chance, he was playing in a team that was mostly struggling at the time, seems harsh to bin a young player after one season.

I agree with Saville, there's ability there, we'd be stupid to abandon him this quickly. The same goes for Rowe too.

I agree with Saville, there's ability there, we'd be stupid to abandon him this quickly. The same goes for Rowe too.

I can't see the ability in Saville at all. Too slow, slight and lacking the ability to dictate play. Utter waste of money.

Yes please.

I honestly don't know if you just judge players on their FIFA ability sometimes. He's been released for a reason.

Not sure the reasons Bristol City have got rid maybe wanting higher wages, but wouldn't mind him as a third striker down here.

He's too good for League One IMV.

They haven't cut him mid-contract, have they?

Leon Clarke has a better Div 1 record than JET.....
OK I admit that is completely unresearched but probably/maybe true

Leon Clarke has a better Div 1 record than JET.....
OK I admit that is completely unresearched but probably/maybe true

Even if true JET is a livewire and I think fits the mold of our current strikers very well.

JET is not a livewire at all. He is big, musclebound, can finish (sometimes) but he is an idle bastard and that is why such luminaries as Aaron Wilbraham have played ahead of him. Aaron Wilbraham was playing in this division when I was still at school. Not 'school' as in university, school. I am 34. That is how good JET is.

We do not want to be going near him.

Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else, then, that's not what I had in my mind at all.

Even if true JET is a livewire and I think fits the mold of our current strikers very well.

He's far from a live wire, he's got a very laid back style of play and he's not good enough for what we should be looking at. He couldn't get in front of Aaron Wilbraham this season and i think that tells you all you need to know.

I think if he can't get in City's team, he shouldn't be near ours.

He's far from a live wire, he's got a very laid back style of play and he's not good enough for what we should be looking at. He couldn't get in front of Aaron Wilbraham this season and i think that tells you all you need to know.

Indeed. Carry on!

He's awful, at times he can be good enough for the prem, but that lasts all of a 20 second dribble or 3 second shot... He literally (and I mean literally) walks round the pitch, he thinks he's better than the rest of the team and whilst he can win you games, to waste 5-10k a week on him would really anger me after we worked so hard to get rid of that kind of dross. No thanks.

I can't see the ability in Saville at all. Too slow, slight and lacking the ability to dictate play. Utter waste of money

This is pretty much my view of him BUT he is young and I wouldn't be entirely ready to write him off, though if we binned him then I wouldn't lose any sleep!

I have very similar views about Tommy Rowe, except he's a bit old to hope he suddenly comes good, don't think he will improve us next season, and therefore we should try to get rid and free up some more money for wages elsewhere.

Im thinking purely as a back up striker not anything first choice...

Something happened to Saville not long after arriving. I don't know what and I'm not suggesting I am ITK here, but he bigged himself up as some sort of hardman, made his debut (Blackburn?) and kicked everything that moved trying too hard ending in the inevitable booking. In all subsequent games I saw he was lightweight and easily knocked off the ball. I hope (rather than expect) a pre season will sort him out.

Im thinking purely as a back up striker not anything first choice...

Back up or not, there is no value in owning a player you don't really want to use. See Leon.

I would never want JET up front for us.

Back