• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

50k at villa will likely be in line with the other big names there, but it will be a lot for Albion as they aren't big payers

I would think Lescott would be on that kind of figure.

Dicko and Sako having a bit of banter on Twitter at the moment over the Sky Sport's News story about Sako which features a picture of Dicko instead.

Gudmondsson from Charlton is the one I'm looking at to replace Sako.

Read that Derby want Tom Ince for £5m, would we want to be trying to attract this calibre of player and pay this?!

Read that Derby want Tom Ince for £5m, would we want to be trying to attract this calibre of player and pay this?!

This is the kind of talent we should be looking at if we want to improve the team rather than just buying players to maintain our position. I would think we would pay 5 mill but it would more depend on his wage demands

Doyle, Foley, O'Hara, Johnson, Sako, Ricketts, Clarke plus assorted kids/dross will soon all have come off the wage bill since last summer. That must add up to a significant weekly saving - well over £150k a week. Are we going to plough that back in to 3-4 quality signings? Really we should as we are not far away.

We need to get Dicko signed up on a longer contract ASAP, he only has a year left.

We should be in for Ince at around £5m. He'd be worth more than that a couple of years later.

I'd imagine he'd go to Derby given the choice though. I doubt his dad would convince him to come here instead. Probably out of spite for not giving him the manager's job.

Zak Clough looks good but we need a grafter who doesn't mind sitting deeper and doing the hard yards alongside Macca not another attacking player.

Doyle, Foley, O'Hara, Johnson, Sako, Ricketts, Clarke plus assorted kids/dross will soon all have come off the wage bill since last summer. That must add up to a significant weekly saving - well over £150k a week. Are we going to plough that back in to 3-4 quality signings? Really we should as we are not far away.

We need to get Dicko signed up on a longer contract ASAP, he only has a year left.

Give it all to Sako...

Totally agree

I would think Lescott would be on that kind of figure.

Yeah I guess Lescott and probably Fletcher, but they are still somehow getting by just playing Brunt, Morrison etc.

It's actually baffling that they have stayed in the league so comfortably when their squad is basically the same as the one that got promoted years ago with a few decent free transfers. The majority of those they've paid for are shit or don't play.

Someone on MolMix suggests we might be in for Johnny Russell at Derby.

Someone on MolMix suggests we might be in for Johnny Russell at Derby.

I'd be all over that, he's a quality player. Not sure how realistic it'd be though, we'd certainly need to spend a fair bit on him.

I'd rather have Russell than Ince (though I think it would be highly unlikely), although like most of the Derby team he has been poor for the last 3 months. Ince plays for himself and himself only which was another reason Derby failed, they were built around a good team ethic and put individuals like Bent and Ince in the side. He has a good scoring record but only one assist because he never bloody passes and just takes pot shots from anywhere

Wallace/Knockaert
Zyro
Wood

They'd be my main three targets/positions. We need better creativity and goals from attacking midfield areas.
Wood would be great competition for Dicko and an alternative when we need more physicality in games.

Daily Mail has rumour that Albion will try and sign Afobe in the summer, can't see it and I'd imagine we'll hike the price up on him to put potential suiters off.

Daily Mail has rumour that Albion will try and sign Afobe in the summer, can't see it and I'd imagine we'll hike the price up on him to put potential suiters off.

If Afobe isn't linked to a dozen Premier League clubs this summer it will be a major surprise. Any takers would have to offer silly money, certainly 10 million plus, it wont happen.

Back