• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

If we replace Sako with him I will be very disappointed.

He looks like another of those players that only look good when he can be arsed.

No thanks on McClean..all work, not much quality..a lesser Edwards for me

No thanks on McClean..all work, not much quality..a lesser Edwards for me

Weird comparison, since they dont play in the same roles.

I've seen a lot of McClean. Hes got skill. He can cross the ball without it bouncing before it reaches its target. He can score from outside the box, and he plays with passion and commitment.

I really believe those who are not in favour of signing him, have not really seen him play that much.

McClean can be decent, was very good for a season at Sunderland. He can also be the sort of lazy disinterested type of tosser Wolves fans hate

I have seen him in many games, i know he has his odd games when he do something but i dont rate him anyway..i just think him and edwards are in the same workrate box..but edwards has more skill for me

I’d be more than happy with McClean coming in if we used the money we might have needed to replace Sako on an upgrade on the right wing. He’s definitely a better option than RVLP.

Naah not for me

There's a few better players we could go for before going for him.

Maybe because they're down and he might be available on the cheap is where this link has come from.

I hope that before we go off spending money on a replacement for Bakary Sako and upgrading the current squad, a lot of thought goes into how best to accommodate both Nouha Dicko and Benik Afobe in the team. I believe that both are outstanding prospects and are very capable of being effective in the premier league.

If i remember correctly, Kevin Thelwell said something soon after his appointment along the lines of "any formation we employ will be a variation of 4-3-3, we won't play 4-4-2". From the little I've seen on the TV, we end up with a 4-4-1-1 or, more accurately,4-2-2-2 when both strikers are playing.

So are we going to start playing 4-4-2, get another mobile forward and play 4-3-3 but have no out and out wingers, play 4-3-1-2 (again no wingers) or really upset DW play with three at the back?

We have a ready make Sako replacement in Boukari :)

We have a ready make Sako replacement in Boukari :)

Very good.

How we buy (or loan) this summer wi certainly tell us how we intend to move forward. Do we sign a like for like signing for Sako, as tough at is, or try and move away from our reliance on wide players?

I hope that before we go off spending money on a replacement for Bakary Sako and upgrading the current squad, a lot of thought goes into how best to accommodate both Nouha Dicko and Benik Afobe in the team. I believe that both are outstanding prospects and are very capable of being effective in the premier league.

If i remember correctly, Kevin Thelwell said something soon after his appointment along the lines of "any formation we employ will be a variation of 4-3-3, we won't play 4-4-2". From the little I've seen on the TV, we end up with a 4-4-1-1 or, more accurately,4-2-2-2 when both strikers are playing.

So are we going to start playing 4-4-2, get another mobile forward and play 4-3-3 but have no out and out wingers, play 4-3-1-2 (again no wingers) or really upset DW play with three at the back?

I hope Kenny Jacket ditches the wingers and goes with a midfield four who look after the ball so we can put some control on the game. Also I think Dicko and Afobe would thrive if our midfield looked for the through ball rather than the crossed ball.
It will be difficult for any side to find consistency going into games with two wide players and two strikers.

Maguire will probably be aired again although every time I've seen him recently he looks a bit of a lummox.
Replacement for Sako although I rate Rajiv personally and probably a central midfielder.

Can't see there being any legs in anything for Maguire, the only way I can see him coming out of Hull is on loan and it's no secret how Jackett feels about that line of transfers.

Lets not forget we'll need at least a third striker with Doyle and Clarke leaving. Joe Garner anybody (If Preston bottle the Playoffs) ?

Should be able to get a solid player. Watford rotate 3 strikers well, we need to be in a situation where we can do the same thing.

Lets not forget we'll need at least a third striker with Doyle and Clarke leaving. Joe Garner anybody (If Preston bottle the Playoffs) ?

A cheap option would be Paul Gallagher now playing as an inverted wide left player on loan at Preston. Always had a touch of class and could fill that space wide left for Wolves.

No to Gallagher, nowhere near the calibre of player we should be looking at. Garner scores spectacular goals and is talented but i'm not sure about him in the Championship, we could go for worse though.

Harry Bunn impressed playing for Huddersfield against us, he looks just the progressive type that our club would look at.

Back