• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Wolverhampton isn't a big place Alan. And there is only a few places where a footballer would choose to live. America is much more spread out

And you occasionally bump into them out and about or see there cars

Wolverhampton isn't a big place Alan. And there is only a few places where a footballer would choose to live. America is much more spread out

Yep, it was really just an observation.

And you occasionally bump into them out and about or see there cars

That's the big thing to me. Here, for whatever reason, you almost never spot an athlete out in public (unless you're in New York or LA). They really seem to try hard to keep to themselves here. The stories of people bumping into footballers just out at a pub or something really take me off guard (in a good way).

Maybe I'm just not paying attention!

Seems so strange that we know where they live down to the street name; rarely does this happen in American sports.

Because this entire country would fit into most US states and some several times over. We live on a postage stamp

That's the big thing to me. Here, for whatever reason, you almost never spot an athlete out in public (unless you're in New York or LA). They really seem to try hard to keep to themselves here. The stories of people bumping into footballers just out at a pub or something really take me off guard (in a good way).

Maybe I'm just not paying attention!

Because Americans are psychotic. God help us if we start figuring out where our athletes live.

I see Jackett some mornings coming down the Holloway from tettenhall through compton driving a BMW.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

He's got one of those new houses at the back of houses opposite Miller and Carter
Would he go that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

our Summer Improvement has been so lacking this thread has turned into "Through The Keyhole".....

A mate of mine is a shift manager at The Crown at Wergs and is on first name basis with a few of the squad who go in there quite often, The Fox at Shipley is popular too. When I was at school a lass in my years parents also used to put the YTS lads up including Matt Murray, they were on Coalway Road, he came over for a kick about over the Rec one night and didn't break down :eek:

I didn't know about Sako on Showell Lane, I grew up, and my mother still lives on Springhill Lane, I always thought footballers would live that way but always seemed to be Tettenhall, Whitwick and Pattingham.

Thought most of them lived Sutton Coldfield way. Let's be honest some parts of Wolverhampton are nice, but if your earning 6 and 7 figure salaries and are aged between 20 and 30, you're going to want to be a bit nearer some hustle and bustle I'd imagine

Kenny Miller used to live by my old school in Bridgnorth and Dave Jones lived at Worfield, his daughter worked in Wetherspoons

For what its worth - way back in the late sixties Ronnie Allen used to live in Tyningham ave in Claregate. I know because I used to collect insurance from him :)

Been out all afternoon how an earth has this thread become a case of "guess who I've seen"

What's the issue? There's some seriously mardy posters about at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. strange arguments lately on here..

According to the Mirror Liverpool have agreed to loan Ojo to us.

Back