• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

If the club came out and said that that's the direction we were going in I'd be absolutely fine with it. If they rate Graham/Ronan/Enobakhare/Wilson that highly I'll be over the moon.

This for me too. Would much rather play graham and bright than any player we might bring in.

This for me too. Would much rather play graham and bright than any player we might bring in.

Really, so we bring in Russel or Serge Gnabry and you'd rather see youth teamers. I always thought the aim was to better what you have already and therefore improve the team. Guess some people see things differently.

If the club came out and said that that's the direction we were going in I'd be absolutely fine with it. If they rate Graham/Ronan/Enobakhare/Wilson that highly I'll be over the moon.

Again, really? Most folk would think this naive in the extreme, a bunch of untried lads expected to carry Wolves to the next level. Forget spending on players that's nuts. In no other walk of life would you expect youth only to carry a business forward. Why would football be an exception to this?

Really, so we bring in Russel or Serge Gnabry and you'd rather see youth teamers. I always thought the aim was to better what you have already and therefore improve the team. Guess some people see things differently.

Yes they do. I'd rather see home grown players grow into good wolves players than over paid premier players use us as a stepping stone. If that means we don't go up so be it.

Johnny...Would we of had Robbie Keane come through if we just bought? The whole idea of the Academy is to find gems of our own. Now I'm not saying we shouldn't buy anyone but if we have an exceptional talent, they must be given a chance to shine

Again, really? Most folk would think this naive in the extreme, a bunch of untried lads expected to carry Wolves to the next level. Forget spending on players that's nuts. In no other walk of life would you expect youth only to carry a business forward. Why would football be an exception to this?

Only meant that if the club came out and said that that was the direction they were heading in I'd be 100% behind them. I'd obviously have my reservations but if they rated Ronan/Enobakhare/Graham over any potential signing then I'd trust their judgement until proven wrong.

Well at this present moment young Bright will be ower third choice striker. Lets just hope that doesn't phase him and he becomes a Robbie Keane type gem. Also reports suggest that young Conan Rohan is looking tasty and could battle Jack Price for a place on the bench as well..

If we bought Gnabry or Russell, then I'd be ecstatic. If it were loans, I'd rather we play our own kids.

Well at this present moment young Bright will be ower third choice striker. Lets just hope that doesn't phase him and he becomes a Robbie Keane type gem. Also reports suggest that young Conan Rohan is looking tasty and could battle Jack Price for a place on the bench as well..

What position does Rohan play? I was under the impression he was also a forward.

What position does Rohan play? I was under the impression he was also a forward.

Attacking midfield when he came on at Burton. If he has more to his game then people suggest then Price could be history.

That'd be a shame, I like Price a great deal. Still, as Dan says, no place for sentimentality in it.

Interested in Sheyi Ojo on loan apparently

I think Ronan could be more of a threat to van La Parra than Price. Rajiv hasn't featured much at all this pre-season despite Henry playing poorly and attracting interest form Charlton.

Liverpool. They nabbed him from MK Dons as a kid

I think Ronan could be more of a threat to van La Parra than Price. Rajiv hasn't featured much at all this pre-season despite Henry playing poorly and attracting interest form Charlton.

I was wondering this, unless we play a front three I don't see Rajiv featuring a great deal unless as a back up striker.

When Jed Wallace is fit then Price will have limited chances either way.. I'd love Rohan to show VLP how things are done.

Been in and around the Liverpool squad in pre-season so they obviously rate him.

If only judging by bright's goal today he should definitely be on the bench, looks like a game changer and he's certainly developed enough.

Back