• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

I do not really understand why people use the term "Pant Wetting". People are merely putting their views forward. And quite a few, myself included, are just a little concerned that the squad has not been improved. We did very well last season, and we need to make that extra effort all round to achieve our aims.

It's the way Wolves do things, Frank. It is in our DNA.

I'm not overly concerned yet. I'd have preferred another two but I'd rather wait than sign anyone as it seems we have in the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that Coady is a better midfielder than McDonald.

McDonald is a decent player - capable of a brilliant pass, and I think it is brilliant how good he is at escaping pressure when he has the ball.
However his tackling ain't great, he lacks pace, and importantly, goals.

He's not irreplaceable at all.

I think that Coady is a better midfielder than McDonald.

McDonald is a decent player - capable of a brilliant pass, and I think it is brilliant how good he is at escaping pressure when he has the ball.
However his tackling ain't great, he lacks pace, and importantly, goals.

He's not irreplaceable at all.

He's not irreplaceable at all but our recruitment doesn't fill me with optimism that 1) we will get anybody 2) they will be any good.

If he wanted to go, I wouldn't want him to stay. I would want the club to get a decent replacement and stop trying to cover over problems.

It's easy to say a player isn't irreplaceable. But when was the last time we had a central midfielder as good on the ball as McDonald? And as said above good with it under pressure too.

Jonah was brilliant for us in the promotion season. Classy on the ball and with an eye for goal.

I don't understand why people think Graham is going to suddenly turn up trees, he hasn't played a game for us yet and has done nothing at any first team level ever. He may be very good, but if he was that good he would have played by now or been involved in squads?

Scores at Donny to put Wolves ahead...The king is dead, long live the new king! ;)

Holy shite. That would be a good one.

One of the few players we could realistically get who would cover both our needs (striker/left wing).

The defeatism around now is truly unbelievable.

We don't have a God given right to cherry pick the exact players we need or want. KJ has said umpteen times before that he only wants players who improve us, not just to pad numbers.

That already shrinks the pool of candidates, and add in the fact that players who would improve us would improve most other Championship clubs and you've got quite the contest to land any of our targets.

I'll happily eat these words if we're sitting below 12th come October, but good grief. We're not nearly the shambles some seem to think we are right now.

So your level of success this year would be 12th then Alan? Nobody is saying we are a shambles, with the current squad we will be a top half team. People are concerned that we could be missing an opportunity with a little bit more investment in a couple of areas

Back