• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

We are still a couple of players short of making a decent fist of it next season in my view. A couple of injuries, and our options will look extremely limited.

It's almost like we don't have four more weeks to buy players.

It's almost like we haven't had over 12 months to get a Sako replacement identified and then 2 months to get him in.

At least when we sell McDonald on transfer deadline day, it will be too late to even get a replacement identified never mind get him in.

It's almost like we don't have four more weeks to buy players.
It's almost like we only have two forwards with any league experience whatsoever when we play two in our starting line up. What if one gets injured at Blackburn, throw in a kid or panic buy / loan when we have had months to strengthen?

It's almost like at the end of the season the Chief Exec didn't say "We bought Bakary Sako for £2.5m and he's running out of contract so we have to replace him. Now do to that, inevitably, we're going to have to spend money on buying players", yet now the management team have to pretend it was Tommy Rowe/ Dave Edwards they wanted on the left all along.

What if in the 5 league games before the window closes we lose points because we don't have those player's in now and those points cost us?

I don't know whether it's Morgan, Moxey, Thelwell or Jackett at fault or a combination of some or all of them, but if nobody comes next week we are going into the season hoping for luck injuries wise up front. Even if we are lucky it's rank bad management.

If we're still in the same boat with a a week to go then I'll be worried and annoyed.

Certain moves haven't worked out so far. Still plenty of time to get others in. We may be waiting to see if Prem players want to move or not. We usually try to buy permanently if we can or loan to buy. This can put players off until they're certain they're out of the picture at other clubs. Like Lingard.

Why would it put players off?? They don't have to sign afterwards!

Because we negotiate with their club to loan them with an option to buy them at the end of the loan. If the player doesn't want to contemplate moving permanently then they won't sign on loan in the first place.

You can have a loan with an option, but the player is under no obligation whatsoever to make the deal permanent though, even if the clubs want it. That won't make a blind bit of difference.

The only barrier is the fact we're a championship club, with a championship board, a championship manager and a championship attitude.

Reading all the comments this last few days I think I might slash my wrists. For God's sake get a grip people.
Pre-season doesn't mean anything, lets see how it pans out after a couple of games before the pant wetting starts.

Reading all the comments this last few days I think I might slash my wrists. For God's sake get a grip people.
Pre-season doesn't mean anything, lets see how it pans out after a couple of games before the pant wetting starts.

How many years do we have to say this? A team who didn't achieve its objective last year has got weaker whilst our rivals are improving...

After a few games we might have thrown away points. We only just missed out last year, a bad start isn't going to help.

There's no need for this rubbish. There's another forum waiting for you. Try adding to the debate.

How many years do we have to say this? A team who didn't achieve its objective last year has got weaker whilst our rivals are improving...

After a few games we might have thrown away points. We only just missed out last year, a bad start isn't going to help.

I could say as "many years as you want to say it because the people who could do something don't listen to the likes of you and I".

Really, though I can understand, but don't share, your frustration. From their recent interviews, it seems that both Kenny Jackett and Joe Gallen are also frustrated. It is likely that everyone at the club (expect those players who may be a bit apprehensive about their position when new players arrive) are frustrated.

Personally, I don't see us as weaker than last year. We have a squad of young players that are, in general, improving. Yes with Sako going, we've lost a potent attacker. We seem to have gained a solid midfielder. As somebody pointed out. We won 2 and drew 2 when Sako was at the African Nations Cup. I have no doubt the Dicko and Afobe will be better this season than last.

I'm much happier with the situation than if we gone out and bought the equivalent of Greg Halford and the Austrian Waiter.

We are at best on a par. Our best player left and our best midfielder is in limbo. We have two very good strikers but if one gets injured we have nothing. We have two average wingers but if one of them gets injured we have zero.

I don't understand why people think Graham is going to suddenly turn up trees, he hasn't played a game for us yet and has done nothing at any first team level ever. He may be very good, but if he was that good he would have played by now or been involved in squads?

I would normally stay calm, but it's just same old same old. I thought last season we had a massive chance but our deals were uninspiring and as a result we missed out. I'd say this season is crucial, if we fail again we're going to be in Blackburns situation. We will have no more parachute payments and our best players getting taken. Then we're back to square one.

I do not really understand why people use the term "Pant Wetting". People are merely putting their views forward. And quite a few, myself included, are just a little concerned that the squad has not been improved. We did very well last season, and we need to make that extra effort all round to achieve our aims.

Well said Frank. If people were moaning about pre season results I think Walnut's criticism would be fair, (couldn't beat a league one side, or a Villa team the week they had just sold their best two players), but they aren't.

Back