• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Sorry mate disagree. It was on Tuesday very narrow at times. When it went wide it tended to be the strikers providing the width.
I had no issue with it, I saw a definite shift from last years formation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was narrow because Edwards was being played out of position, not by the design of the formation.

I wouldn't have minded that formation if it were Rowe instead of Edwards - would have been interesting to see him play there. Rowe has an excellent rep from his Peterborough days, but we've not seen much of him yet.

I don't think it was NWW. We had width on one side, but not the other. Odd tactic if intentional.

Kennys always been a fan of creating space for the fullbacks to push on, that's probably the idea behind the narrow formation - plus our strikers run the channels also, so played properly, there's the potential for plenty of width

We did the same in the seventies as has been pointed out. Waggy was a much wider winger than Kenny Hibbitt.

Yes, would take Buckley. Proven at this level and better than what we have.

Yup - me too.

Only concern would be his hamstrings.

He is proven but he hasn't been able to stay fit for a number of years now

Starting to look very much like the team that kicked off vs. Villa will be the team that kicks off vs. Blackburn...

I think it is pretty telling we are discussing tactics in here instead of players or even rumours. That CB De Wolf mentioned is the first I have seen of us linked with anyone in what feels like weeks!
You know its bad when even the rumours cant be arsed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Starting to look very much like the team that kicked off vs. Villa will be the team that kicks off vs. Blackburn...

Maybe the same 18 but the same XI? I doubt it very much.

Back