• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

I'm not as disheartened as some. Stears has no contract issue.

I believe we are two players short as it stands but I don't get the clamour for a Sako replacement. That won't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are those two players?

I'd say we are a striker short and a left winger (Sako replacement).

I'd say a striker and a left sided player

We won't play the typical formation from last year imo so won't necessarily rely on wingers.

Therefore not a direct Sako replacement.

Best case, Lingard and Wilson
Realistically Powell and toney

I think we have a real opportunity to make the play offs and maybe better this year, but are in danger of letting it pass by. The two positions most would have prioritised in May remain unfilled with nothing appearing to be in the immediate offing with a week until the start of the season. I appreciate that the window has another month to run, but we have a pretty tough start, a point dropped here and there in those first few games because we don't have a full squad could be the difference between achieving our aims or not. I believe the money is there, but am beginning to question whether our wage ceiling is compatible with the type of players we want to sign.

I'm not as disheartened as some. Stears has no contract issue.

I believe we are two players short as it stands but I don't get the clamour for a Sako replacement. That won't happen.

edit: I'd agree with Lingaard and Wilson and if not them then I'd like Perraira (sp) who I was really impressed with for Brasil U20's this summer.

I don't think Powell is left enough, he's a bit too narrow for me whereas Lingaard is definitely a wide forward and I agree with not playing out and out wingers as I don't think Sako was one anyway, he had far more of a free role.

Ideally I'd like Johnny Russel who will cover both positions and could well be out of favour at Derby. Shouldn't cost the earth and a quality left sided forward.

Last edited:
What positions do you think we need NWW? And why not a replacement for Sako?

Striker and left sided player ie someone who is comfortable on their left side and left side of pitch.

I think Jackett wants to be more fluid, and there were signs of that yesterday. Sako for all his qualities didn't allow much flexibility and plan b

Sorry NWW I'd posted that before you answered. See above.

edit: I'd agree with Lingaard and Wilson and if not them then I'd like Perraira (sp) who I was really impressed with for Brasil U20's this summer.

I don't think Powell is left enough, he's a bit too narrow for me whereas Lingaard is definitely a wide forward and I agree with not playing out and out wingers as I don't think Sako was one anyway, he had far more of a free role.

Ideally I'd like Johnny Russel who will cover both positions and could well be out of favour at Derby. Shouldn't cost the earth and a quality left sided forward.

Sorry mate agree with all that.

I'd say a striker and a left sided player

We won't play the typical formation from last year imo so won't necessarily rely on wingers.

Therefore not a direct Sako replacement.

Best case, Lingard and Wilson
Realistically Powell and toney

We need a wide player else we are in danger of having a formation that will be one that we will have to stick to and won't be able to change if it doesn't work.

Personally, I think this narrow formation will fail and Jackett is been forced into using due to the players he has available.

Jackett looked pretty pissed off in his interview after the Shrewsbury game and I wonder what will happen when the manager merry-go-round starts.

We've never had a manager poached from us and I don't see that changing any time soon.

We've never had a manager poached from us and I don't see that changing any time soon.

I don't think history proves something won't happen in the future.

I can't think of us having a manager that was really that attractive to other clubs.

Jackett isn't either. PL teams won't come calling and it wouldn't be worth his while moving to another club in this division.

I didn't say history proved anything, I said I didn't expect it to change.

I've heard in the last half hour that we do have a bid in for Jesse Lingard. He's waiting to see if he's getting anywhere near the United squad first though but there's other interest from a couple of Premier League teams. We want him to do an Afobe and kick start a permanent career here, it's whether he sees the Championship as the place for him this upcoming season.

So Penk was right all along about Lingard.... :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

Lingard has been featuring quite heavily in United's pre season so far.

I would be happy with lingaard

Back