• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

He then also came on for the last ten minutes against Fulham, and played pretty well. As well as looking alright when he did come on in that game against Norwich

He came on for a 10 minute cameo vs Boro in midweek and look decent, 4 days later away at Leeds he was abysmal. He looked like a frightened schoolboy playing against men. Don't think we saw much of him after that.

He was poor in the first half at Leeds, he actually improved second half and as he was substituted I was saying to my Dad that Henry was far quieter and should have gone off, 30 seconds later Henry scores! :icon_lol:

Shame for Jacobs. He deserved more of a chance in this league than Ken gave him.

Had Bale got a "man bun" at the moment too?

4fdbc258bfb467d1fa6ec329cd2b392e.jpg

c6f77ed4fab7e5c77622539fdc6c1b20.jpg

Unfortunately Rowe would lose a 100m race with Bale if he had a 70m head start.

Shame for Jacobs. He deserved more of a chance in this league than Ken gave him.

If his confidence was shot and he failed each time he was given a chance, then perhaps not? That said, maybe it would have been best to loan him out?

If his confidence was shot and he failed each time he was given a chance, then perhaps not? That said, maybe it would have been best to loan him out?

He played one game in his proper position, Ipswich away and even that was as an early sub for Dave Götze.

If we line up with Tommy Rowe (whose Gareth Bale haircut isn't fooling anyone) wide left for any length of time I will not be happy.

This scares me. Ken's 'Tommy Rowe will be hard to shift' bollocks last season drove me up the wall.

He was poor in the first half at Leeds, he actually improved second half and as he was substituted I was saying to my Dad that Henry was far quieter and should have gone off, 30 seconds later Henry scores! :icon_lol:

He had one or two good touches in the second half yeah. Rajiv came on for him and really made the difference though, should've scored an easy chance early on and then put Doherty through on goal to set up Leon (who had his best game in a Wolves shirt).

We were very close to making the play-offs, last year. It seems like we haven't gone forward this summer, as far as transfers are concerned. I am not saying that we are going to get relegated, but I don't feel like we are trying to make the next step up. I can't see steady building, but an OK where we are mentality, which I feel could be a wasted opportunity.
I don't see the point in buying for the sake of it, but there are a few positions, where it is obvious we need to cover. Maybe these players are in the pipeline and and we are waiting to seal a few deals. I hope so, as I think we have a half decent chance of being in the mix at the end of the season.

Hmm. It does feel like we've just moved completely away from wingers, and if so that's fine, no issue with me. (I also get the impression that we'll not get a third striker in as that's going to be RVLP's job now.) But apart from Rowe and some of the youth team we just have nobody who can play on the left of midfield.

At the very least we need someone else in, for depth if nothing else in the case of an injury. It's such a glaring hole in the squad right now. Can't imagine we haven't got someone lined up now Jacobs has been allowed to leave. Or hey, maybe Ismail's finally going to live up to his FM11 potential...

A first team is probably good enough to make a decent challenge, but unless there are 2 or 3 additions we are clearly hoping that some of the U21s can make an immediate impact if needed to cover injuries/loss of form. That seems to me to be a gamblers method going into the season - might work/might not, but you can't be certain till you do it & if it doesn't work then it will be too late to do anything about it.

Squad just looks a bit unbalanced with limited width at present.

I think we are seeing some breathtaking arrogance from the powers that be, without saying it, our total lethargy seems to be.. "We set a record for highest points not to reach the playoffs last year lightning won't strike twice...."

I don't agree, I think we have an unreasonable wage ceiling versus the quality we want to sign personally, but if you are correct it would be up there with Swansea, QPR and Norwich are shite so we'll be fine

I think we are seeing some breathtaking arrogance from the powers that be, without saying it, our total lethargy seems to be.. "We set a record for highest points not to reach the playoffs last year lightning won't strike twice...."

A bit like Morgan's speech at the end of the Blackburn 3-2 game. "We'll never be in this situation again".

A bit like Morgan's speech at the end of the Blackburn 3-2 game. "We'll never be in this situation again".

To be fair, we haven't been.

I don't believe Ken is happy with the squad as it is and nor is he a patsy.

I don't believe Ken is happy with the squad as it is and nor is he a patsy.

That's as clear as day. Watch his interview after the Salop game, he's clearly not happy with our preparation this summer.

As an aside, I seem to recall Ken moaning about the quality of our pre-season opposition last year. This year we're playing 3 League 1 teams and Villa which is hardly an improvement. He can't be too happy about that either.

I remember that. It's frustrating, we have the best manager in the division, some very talented young players and a decent squad which just needs a bit more quality. Which is why I refuse to believe we won't spend on a quality replacement for Sako and another forward at least.

If we signed Johnny Russell and Sam Gallagher tomorrow I'd be happy. That's all we need.

Ideally a better right winger than Stepover Raj too but let's not get greedy.

If we signed Johnny Russell and Sam Gallagher tomorrow I'd be happy. That's all we need.

I agree and we already have a better option than Raj at the club, even more so if a narrow midfield is the way forwards

I think everybody would be happy with that. Blowing £2m on Coady isn't covering everybody in glory at the moment. You can clearly see this is irking KJ and I wonder how long he gives this before it he can see it turning into Millwall mk2.

Back