• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Didn't I read somewhere that the youngsters put on a good show yesterday, sounds good to me.

Even if we're going "narrow" we seriously need a player for the left of midfield. Right now Rowe appears to be first choice there and that's all too Foley Redux for me.

If I'm correctly remembering that we were linked with SWP, fear not, he's off to join (his brother?) New York Red Bulls.

Less than two weeks before the season starts and in my opinion the squad needs strengthening. A couple of injuries and we will be a little thin on the ground.

positively anorexic IMHO! Looks like we could be going backwards at the moment. Afobe deep ? Thats akin to Gerrad at right back

I think the ethos may be that we dont lose games. The problem is that we dont have the quality to win games consistently. At this rate it could be a frustrating season with lots of draws. I really hope I am wrong

We were linked with Lloyd Dyer last night. I bloody hope not!

Soon to be 33 year old Baggies fan, pace merchant with no end product and a reputation for destabilising dressing rooms. I'm sure he'd be a big hit at Molineux.

Dont know enough about him as a character but his playing record looks ok with 294 games and 51 goals. Age does not fit young and hungry model but was part of Leicesters promotion squad. Not overwhelmed so a bit neutral for me. Some one set me straight? Is he a disruptive influence? Sako he aint but he does have a turn of pace ( or did @32 has that gone?)

I think the ethos may be that we dont lose games. The problem is that we dont have the quality to win games consistently. At this rate it could be a frustrating season with lots of draws. I really hope I am wrong

I don't think you are wrong though unfortunately. First and foremost our priority will be avoiding relegation. Morgan suffers from serious vertigo, he won't get caught out again.

From the E&S Transfer Rumour page...
"WOLVES

Wolves have tempered their interest in Cardiff City's Craig Noone and have turned their attentions to Southampton's 6ft 4in striker Sam Gallagher.

Nottingham Forest have today completed the signing of Leicester City goalkeeper Ben Hamer. Wolves had been tracking the shot stopper, but the 27-year-old preferred a loan move to the City Ground"

How the fuck would they have any idea what Wolves are contemplating or what Ben Hamer preferred?!

As Deutsch says, we don't need a keeper now anyway. There would be no point in loaning Ben Hamer.

I can't say I've seen too much of Sam Gallagher but he seems highly rated. There are 4 quality strikers ahead of him at Saints as well, any chance we could buy him outright?

As Deutsch says, we don't need a keeper now anyway. There would be no point in loaning Ben Hamer.

I can't say I've seen too much of Sam Gallagher but he seems highly rated. There are 4 quality strikers ahead of him at Saints as well, any chance we could buy him outright?

Not initially, but gain promotion and you would have a chance.

Can never understand this approach: simple arithmetic says a win and a defeat is better than two draws.

Can never understand this approach: simple arithmetic says a win and a defeat is better than two draws.

I'm sure Kenny Jackett is well aware of that and will set up his team accordingly. This pre season just allows him an opportunity to try something else, nothing more.

From the E&S Transfer Rumour page...
"WOLVES

Wolves have tempered their interest in Cardiff City's Craig Noone and have turned their attentions to Southampton's 6ft 4in striker Sam Gallagher.

E&S in arse covering 'not a clue what's going on' shocker.

Back