• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Fair enough Johnny.

Like a lot of other people on here, I think, we are a little disappointed on the recruitment front, and as I've said before the circumstances surrounding the Coady transfer seems strange, although it may be just me seeing things that aren't there, and if he is good for the team then I shall be pleased anyway.

Webber may well have fallen out with someone or not proved fit for purpose for us but we don't seem to have replaced him nor any of the others that left, and it puzzles me as to who is actually doing the scouting/recruitment at the moment.

I'd agree with that last part completely. It's all a bit....... Strange.

It a a real shame (I think anyway) that at the start of last season he wasn't allowed to continue where he had left off the season before in the role behind the forward. Strange that he had played there as first choice all pre-season and suddenly he was out for the first league game! It seemed more like attitude than anything else mind
I hope Jacobs gets the opportunity to play the ten role at Wigan and shows his capability. Is Emyr Huws fit for selection?

Expect Michael Jacobs to be sold soon. I think the destination is Wigan, not sure when it'll go through but the deal is happening I've been told.

Incase you missed it late last night.

Expect Michael Jacobs to be sold soon. I think the destination is Wigan, not sure when it'll go through but the deal is happening I've been told.

I notice Jacobs didn't feature at all yesterday. I'm still told he's likely to be off pretty soon.

Yep, I did say this couple of weeks ago on here. Not too disappointed to be honest. Good League One player.

You did, thanks for sharing.

Your very own ITK (sometimes!), right here!

Good player but slow and struggles under a close pressing game. It's a shame but I would bin him off and find an upgrade/replacement who wants to be at Wolves. I would hope the club have already been looking in to given that he's in his final year (though my confidence in our recruitment is taking a bit of a dent at the moment).

To me I ask myself would he cut it in the premier league. Looking at his turn of pace I say no

Yes, if the player of a couple of years ago is still in there, no to the one since.

Yes, if the player of a couple of years ago is still in there, no to the one since.

Hardly a Cardiff player played to his potential the past two seasons due to poor management not creating a pattern of play for them.

wouldnt mind Noone here, good player and great pace, can dribble a player like sako also

Less than two weeks before the season starts and in my opinion the squad needs strengthening. A couple of injuries and we will be a little thin on the ground.

I said it before, and I will say it again, but by standing still we have gone backwards. Coddy is a good signing, but other than that our major contributions have been to lose one of our best players, lose a very solid back up keeper and to not really (publicly) seem to be weighing up solutions to either of those issues.

We won't bother with a keeper. Ken felt comfortable enough going into last season with McCarey as backup before he got injured, he rates Flatt very highly and if we need a keeper we'll just loan one, there are always loads available. Honestly don't see that as an issue at all (Kuszczak made enough errors last season to suggest he wasn't the best solution anyway).

Back