• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

As Deutsch says, we don't need a keeper now anyway. There would be no point in loaning Ben Hamer.

I can't say I've seen too much of Sam Gallagher but he seems highly rated. There are 4 quality strikers ahead of him at Saints as well, any chance we could buy him outright?

He's quite good. Injury ruined his season last year but came back and scored an excellent goal in u21s cup final. If he's got past the injurcright he's be a good third choice forward

Would have thought Southampton would prefer to loan him to a club where he can play week in/week out. Not too sure we have much chance of signing him permanently.

Would have thought Southampton would prefer to loan him to a club where he can play week in/week out. Not too sure we have much chance of signing him permanently.

We've only got 2 strikers, anybody coming here will know that they'll get a fair chunk of game time. I'd say we were pretty high up on the list of teams Premier League clubs would want their young strikers loaned out to.

So basically what has happened so far is that we've lost Sako alongside players not near the first team, gained two midfielders (though one hasn't yet featured) and Jackett is trying out a new formation that from what I'm hearing at this early stage doesn't seem to be working. People seem to think that Wolves can no longer play the system with wide players because apparently we have none now and it's led to people predicting a 'disastrous' season alongside people saying how the momentum has gone thanks to said panic.

I don't have my head in the sand, I will be disappointed if we don't bring in a winger (Rowe as a winger when he was brought to play as left-back? Remains to be seen if he plays as well as I've heard he's played in the friendlies) but I can't remember this much hassle since our second successive relegation

The close season is always the same, fuck all to talk/moan about, roll on the 8th.

Plus he played both positions for Pompey.

Jacobs to Wigan has gone through.

Outstanding in League 1, a player I enjoyed watching for his style. Brentford away was fantastic and he was brilliant in that game

I'll still never understand totally why Edwards suddenly and irreversibly leapfrogged him last season. Might just be that L1 is his level (that's two top end Championship clubs now that have got rid for a low fee) but I'd have liked to have found out either way given the alternative that was preferred is rubbish. As it is I still don't know for sure and I know what Dave Edwards can do, same as I did in 2008.

Good luck to him.

Great signing for Wigan. Would have thought a lower end Champ team might have come in for him. Didn't he do well at Blackpool?

A shame he has gone, but clearly he does not figure in KJ's plans. And our wafer thin squad becomes even thinner.

This is hardly Edwards level either, I didn't understand that one either considering he had played there as first choice all pre-season (playing well too) before disappearing.

He then also came on for the last ten minutes against Fulham, and played pretty well. As well as looking alright when he did come on in that game against Norwich

Ah good luck to Jacobs. I was a fan. Shame he didn't manage the step up back to the Champ like I thought he would.

My thoughts on Edwards are well known, he's such a conservative, fallback choice for any manager. Keep him around because you know he'll run forever and never moan, great but I do like some footballing ability allied to that.

Our squad isn't wafer thin, it's imbalanced. We have silly amounts of depth at the back and loads of central midfielders but nothing out wide and no back up for the strikers.

He just looked terrified of taking his man on at this level, a million miles away from the player who took League 1 by storm. Quality signing by Wigan but if it 'opens up spaces' in our squad as Ken says then it makes sense for us to let him go. I expect Wolves to either make a quality signing in the next week or make noises about how one of our youngsters are ready to step up into the first team.

I expect some incoming transfer movement. Sako going where he looks likely to go (even though Wolves can have absolutely no influence on that) is going to make a section of the fanbase very restless and that needs to be deflected if at all possible.

Given Ken's statement two weeks ago that Jacobs would be given full opportunity to fill Sako's boots and now he has gone, I expect a signing fairly soon. If we line up with Tommy Rowe (whose Gareth Bale haircut isn't fooling anyone) wide left for any length of time I will not be happy.

Back