• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

I think I'd sell and buy a replacement now as it seems that the gap between the 2 is too big to compromise. I might be doing him an injustice, but he doesn't strike me as the "give 100% while running down his contract" type. I appreciate that is easier said than done given we have yet to bring in someone for the 2 positions which most obviously needed filling at the end of last season

Make that two votes for the "might play at 60% while running down contract" column...

Did he not act a bit of a prick with Sheffield Utd when we came in for him (which we were happy to gloss over at the time)?

And when he was at Burnley - went to the pub for the second half after being substituted at half time.

I think I'd sell and buy a replacement now as it seems that the gap between the 2 is too big to compromise. I might be doing him an injustice, but he doesn't strike me as the "give 100% while running down his contract" type. I appreciate that is easier said than done given we have yet to bring in someone for the 2 positions which most obviously needed filling at the end of last season

I think I'm leaning this way too. No point keeping somebody who doesn't want to be here.

Bin him off and raid Huddersfield again for Butterfield.

Agreed, good player. Not irreplaceable, take the money if a decent offer comes in and replace.

Don't think he would be fit for purpose if we got promotion anyway.

A '+1' here. We've had enough of seeing players at this club who don't want to be here so fuck him - if we can bring in a replacement, let him go. Thanks for all you've done Kev and you were a key player for us but the club is bigger than you.

A decent enough Championship player, but an opposition manager who does his homework on him can pretty much nullify his game, as happened on occasions last season.
If we can replace him, then let him go to Fulham - can't see them setting the league alight this season.

I think we should keep him and make him one of the best paid players at the club (if those are his demands). Not many players can control the midfield and play the types of through-balls we've seen from him over the last two years.

Agreed. Best midfielder after Sako last season.

I think we should keep him and make him one of the best paid players at the club (if those are his demands). Not many players can control the midfield and play the types of through-balls we've seen from him over the last two years.

This. Most enjoyable player I've seen at Wolves, maybe after Sako.

Can't agree sorry. The way he has gone outside the club about his wage demands is not on - will only lead to trouble in the future. An offer has been made that KJ and the club think is fair, and reading between the lines the offer and his expectations are miles apart. Forget it !
We've had enough Big Time Charlies over the last few seasons.

Spiers reckons our offer already does that and it's not enough for him. If money is the driving factor for him then there will be clubs in this league that will pay him more than we will.

Good player but slow and struggles under a close pressing game. It's a shame but I would bin him off and find an upgrade/replacement who wants to be at Wolves. I would hope the club have already been looking in to given that he's in his final year (though my confidence in our recruitment is taking a bit of a dent at the moment).

Good player but slow and struggles under a close pressing game. It's a shame but I would bin him off and find an upgrade/replacement who wants to be at Wolves. I would hope the club have already been looking in to given that he's in his final year (though my confidence in our recruitment is taking a bit of a dent at the moment).

I think there's been a real disconnect between management and recruitment here and it's not looking particularly good as I really think the system is a mess. The whole Zyro thing was a symptom of this.

For somebody who claims to have not been told by the club that Fulham had bid for him, how does he know what other clubs are willing to pay him? Unless of course his agent has been negotiating with Fulham, which shouldn't happen because he's contracted to us. The whole thing stinks and as good as he has been for us, its clear to me that his head has been turned by some underhanded dealings with Fulham and it is his intention to let us down and go off to the mighty Fulham. This aspect of modern football is insidious.

Exactly my thoughts too.

To NE66
A bit like how he knew what we would pay him when he was a Sheffield United player? All club's do it.

Back