• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Anyone heard the name Moyrke Fofana before?

I'm allowed to follow other leagues!

Why? Because he's just signed for Lorient.

Ah, hadn't heard that.

Was going to say he seemed a ready made Sako-lite, and could have been cheap coming from Tippeligaen.

What did Lorient pay for him?

Ah, hadn't heard that.

Was going to say he seemed a ready made Sako-lite, and could have been cheap coming from Tippeligaen.

What did Lorient pay for him?

Don't know, just know he's signed for Lorient. Interesting to see how he does, quick and skillful from what i have read but Ligue 1 a step up.

Aye, he was Lillestrøm's best player a la one Bjorn Sigurđarson. One to keep eye on, though not with Wolves in mind, it seems.

The Sun (yes I know) say we are leading the chase for Sam Gallagher on loan from Southampton

I wouldn't mind that. He's looked decent from what I've seen, and if he did well I think we'd even have a chance of signing him permanently

We used him with Danny Graham last season when we had injuries.

I suspect this has been said to try and deflect the disappointment of being unable to bring-in another forward during this window, although there is 4 or 5 weeks to go yet.

Yeah that's the other thing with regards to this - as far as we are concerned there is still Dicko and Afobe who are both excellent strikers, VLP won't be ahead of them! IF he can get that final touch then nothing wrong with it but I would prefer to bring in a striker from another source! Still plenty of time for that to happen of course!

I think I'd sell and buy a replacement now as it seems that the gap between the 2 is too big to compromise. I might be doing him an injustice, but he doesn't strike me as the "give 100% while running down his contract" type. I appreciate that is easier said than done given we have yet to bring in someone for the 2 positions which most obviously needed filling at the end of last season

Back