• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Spiers says we have an interest in both but are in more advanced stages for other targets.

Also says Moutinho is mulling over the one year extension we’ve offered him on the same wages he’s already on.

Speaking of Spiers one thing he does say is that sell before we buy isn't true in the literal sense.

As for the Barca links I think they are all fall backs for if Neves ends up there. De Jong has to go to Utd first and I assume our preference would be cash from elsewhere, if elsewhere exists

Interesting about Man City being interested in Aït-Nouri. I'd imagine that'd be if they can't get Cucurella.

We'd probably know about any sale beforehand as we'd need to buy RAN's former club out of their sell on clause.

Yep RAN would be terrifying under Pep once he got coached up. His defending has come on a lot already (see keeping Salah quiet last year while he was in his pomp) and he has enough pace and dribbling ability to be dangerous going forward (well, in a team that has a coherent attacking plan, anyway)

Whatever happened to Dwight MacNeil?

He looked outstanding at one point? Surely he won’t be playing in the Championship next year?

Depends how you use him, his goal the other night wise textbook lump. For the record I don't want him, he was useless at Burnley

He is technically a lot better than I gave him credit for, but I wouldn’t be bashing down Burnley’s door to sign him. Will probably head off to the Bundesliga I would imagine.

Whatever happened to Dwight MacNeil?

He looked outstanding at one point? Surely he won’t be playing in the Championship next year?
McNeil will move you would imagine.

Really good footballer but be interesting to see how any team would want to use him position wise as Burnley were fairly unique in the division for style. He's not rapid but he has a great delivery on him and he's a clever footballer.

Think he could end up playing wing back for someone mid table.

Romano now running with the Palhinha story.

It's more palatable at that price. When people were talking in terms of £35m for him (so at least 50% of what we'll get for Neves, probably even higher than that) then it was an absolute no go, because it's a big downgrade and doesn't give you anything like enough change to make a difference elsewhere unless you get lucky.

Back