• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Get Minamino and we will be just 1 away from a reunion (obvs would need Jeff to lose his mind and spend around £300m on a player...)

EM9qT1NXsAAcIvE

I thought Minamino was gash at Southampton, not in their starting 11 by the end of the season

I thought Minamino was gash at Southampton, not in their starting 11 by the end of the season
Could have been one of those where they knew he wasn't staying and the season was dead, so stopped using him, as we largely did with Trincao.

I’d normally say I can’t see this one happening but our interest in the Asian market for fans makes me think it might

Started off well I think. Couple of goals, seemed to link with Ings well. Think he then got injured on international duty and it all died there.

Made me smile that he refused to celebrate when he scored against them the other week though.

He's at least a good footballer, so that's something.

I like him, good footballer, good movement. Imagine linking back up with Jesse Marcsch will be favourable to him maybe?

Marsch was only at Salzburg for six months of Minamino's five years there. Could have been a beautiful six months, I suppose...

Manchester United believe that Rúben Neves is a good player, but the asking price for him is definitely too high. It all depends on how much Wolverhampton will ask for Portuguese.

— Fabrizio Romano
😬

There's a very simple answer to that question.

"You spent £180m on Fred, Harry Maguire and Aaron Wan-Bissaka. Bit late for you now to be deciding that fees are too high and we know you have the money, so cough up or fuck off".

That's not going to happen. Wolves aren't in a position to be demanding £70m for Neves. If they get an offer of £45-50m and turn it down and the other clubs don't budge we lose him for half that next Summer and the prospective buying clubs know this.

Also what if a bid they deem acceptable doesn't materialise until late in the window and our targets have gone elsewhere? The club need to be proactive this Summer and accept that there is around a 95% probability Neves will be gone. The notion that we can't spend any money until his sale is gone through is absolutely ludicrous.

If we had people competent in charge, I wouldn’t be concerned about losing him for half the money next year. If we keep hold of him, give him a new contract with a release clause to stop that. Give him a pay rise, 50m release clause (if that’s all teams bid this summer) or slightly more.

On Paulinho,(or however you spell him) I dont know much about him, but I’d hope we’re not stupid enough to wait until neves is sold to get him in. Get him in now, and if neves stays we actually have more bodies in an understaffed position.

They say it’s the hope that kills you, mind

If we had people competent in charge, I wouldn’t be concerned about losing him for half the money next year. If we keep hold of him, give him a new contract with a release clause to stop that. Give him a pay rise, 50m release clause (if that’s all teams bid this summer) or slightly more.

On Paulinho,(or however you spell him) I dont know much about him, but I’d hope we’re not stupid enough to wait until neves is sold to get him in. Get him in now, and if neves stays we actually have more bodies in an understaffed position.

They say it’s the hope that kills you, mind
I don't think he would sign a new deal even with a release clause, I think Neves loves it at Wolves but he's made it pretty clear his time here is at an end and it's fair enough, he has given us at least 3 more seasons than most would have thought possible when he first signed and he should be playing in the Champions League. If we were a club flush with disposable cash, I would agree with you that keeping him and losing him for less next Summer wouldn't be the end of the world, but as we stand now that money that we get for him is probably our only chance of re-shaping the squad and getting both the quantity and quality of players that we need.

Last edited:
I don't think he would sign a new deal even with a release clause, I think Neves loves it at Wolves but he's made it pretty clear his time here is at an end and it's fair enough, he has given us at least 3 more seasons than most would have thought possible when he first signed and he should be playing in the Champions League. If we were a club flush with disposable cash, I would agree with you that keeping him and losing him for less next Summer wouldn't be the end of the world, but as we stand now that money that we get for him is probably our only chance of re-shaping the squad and getting both the quantity and quality of players that we need.

My stance is he has to go. He’s far to good for wolves. However if the asking price isn’t met, it’s not beyond the realms of possibility to say ‘look, you can go next year if a 50m bid comes in. We get you’ll only have 1 year left, what we will do is give you an extra 50k per week and include the clause’

I guess I’m trying to think of ways of keeping him. We all know asking for 70m means we will likely take 50 🤔🤷‍♂️

He has lost his place in the Portugal team to...Ruben Neves

CMTV seems to have a very poor reputation and it's hard to imagine us spending 40m on a player.

Think Palhinha is a cert though. Probably has been for ages. There's an air of inevitability about it like when we appointed Lage.

Nico Gonzalez looks decent from his write ups. Can hold, box to box, can pass the ball, and has plenty of energy. Seems he's well out of favour there now Kessie has arrived.

Nunes sounds a bit above what we'd be looking for in terms of price.

Back