• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Like I said he'll fudge it with Hwang or Traore through the middle, but that doesn't mean we don't need another striker.

Gross incompetence to leave yourself in this negotiating position in any business. This is on the CEO and Head of Recruitment and is a lack of business acumen and not just a lack of football knowledge.

We 'possibly' needed a striker before loaning out Fabio, but definitely needed one and possibly two when we did. Now that Raul is injured and will take time to get back up to match fitness when fit, we need at least two. Prices will have been adjusted as a result.

I understand the point made above about the ability to recruit a 'better' player in the knowledge they won't necessarily be playing second fiddle and think it's a valid one. Maybe the chink of light at the end of the tunnel.

Regardless of all of the above and whatever the question, Benteke isn't the answer. Under contract, significant wages, one good season eight years ago and my own eyes tells me this.

I'm fully expecting us to revert to 3-4-3 with Podence playing the central role.
I reckon Lage is all in on 4 at the back, only switching to a back 3/5 against the top 3-4 clubs. It'll be Hwang, unless someone else is signed.

Unless they surprise us its heading to the "we couldn't find the right player and we won't sign anyone just for the sake of it...just ignore the 15 panic bids we made on deadline day"

What's Marcus Bent up to?

Cavani doesn't have a new club yet. Will want to play ahead of the World Cup...

We are, but we also have 2 fit senior fullbacks, 3 senior CMs and now 0 fit senior strikers. And the season starts in a week.

Edit: you *might* be talking about us as a club, and not the posters on this board, so apologies! 😂
The club yes.

I mean, how could they not foresee this as a possibility? It literally happened to us before when Raul cracked his skull.

Definition of insanity etc..

I just can't see us spending the money, which is probably why I'm not severely against the thought of shite like Gayle and Benteke.

I think it'll be a free or a loan.

It’s just sheer incompetence, when you’re run like this it’ll end up in one thing eventually maybe not this year but it’s not far off, only ways to stop is a complete change in mentality at the club or current owners sell up.

I mean, we can't really prefer a panic buy, can we? How often do those go well?

I just can't see us spending the money, which is probably why I'm not severely against the thought of shite like Gayle and Benteke.

I think it'll be a free or a loan.
Thing is unless he got a horrible injury at some point, you'd be basically guaranteed to get your money back at minimum on a player like that. It's an investment as much as anything else.

Problem is that Fosun don't get involved at a high level, they've got Jeff running the show and he doesn't understand anything. So while we're theoretically run by a company that is used to making investment decisions and basing them on long-term goals, it doesn't happen.

Doesn't matter to Fosun as in black and white terms, we're worth a lot more than we were when they bought us, so yay, victory. That said they're all paper figures. No-one would buy Wolves right now for a multitude of reasons. I can say my house is worth £500k, doesn't mean it's true or anyone would pay that.

Back