• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Market suspended 😡

Congratulations to all who lumped on.

Well, this sure will be interesting to watch play out...

I did say last week, that the bloke that’s messaged me is pretty trustworthy. He told me about Moutinho signing his new deal 24 hours before it was announced anywhere; and he’s been right about other things before.

He’s still adamant that MGW will sign a new contract before the season starts & he’s still adamant Wolves won’t sell him, unless he pushes to leave (which he won’t/isn’t).

It won’t stop people from making snide remarks about “invisible ink” and such because it hasn’t happened yet, but I’ve no reason to doubt him at the moment.

I wonder how much bigger the 47 page thread just for MGW will be on Forest's forum by deadline day

I wonder how much bigger the 47 page thread just for MGW will be on Forest's forum by deadline day
Do you think their fans are typing "This club is run by fucking morons." & "It’s like we’re being run by Frank Spencer and Alan Partridge", now the rumour has been denied?

Id take the bet that that forest information is bullshit at 11/4. But I’d lose money if we let him go on the last day after an underwhelming start from him or us not playing him.

And E&S Liam has just supported that as I type via TT
Odds on players signing for x is a fools game isn't it? People just lump on depending on what a journalist says? Or a twitter rumour?

Fabrizio has tweeted to say Forest's "top priority" is William Carvalho (Dan will be gutted we're not in for him), so I imagine that is the final nail in the coffin of the MGW rumour from last night, albeit they're different types of player, I can't see them signing anymore midfielders. Fab said Forest are "pushing to sign him as priority target".

What relevance does signing William have on whether or not they might want MGW? They're not just different types of player, MGW isn't even a midfielder.

Wonderful work all around, definitely no problem with depth, no sir
Wow.

We were desperate for a forward to come in beforehand, but now other clubs will know exactly how desperate we are; which will make negotiations even more difficult.

When something like this happens it really does shine a light on how thin our squad is. Obvious concerns now about lack of preparation/time for any potential new signing to bed in, too.

Wow.

We were desperate for a forward to come in beforehand, but now other clubs will know exactly how desperate we are; which will make negotiations even more difficult.

When something like this happens it really does shine a light on how thin our squad is. Obvious concerns now about lack of preparation/time for any potential new signing to bed in, too.
Part A makes bugger all difference to be honest, that doesn't enter into it. It's like how 'bidding wars' don't exist.

Wow.

Or it makes it easier to persuade a player who may have been concerned about playing second fiddle. Can come in and be first choice out the blocks, make the position your own lad.

Back