• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Getting frustrating isn’t it?

Would have been magnificent to get Collins in & then follow it up with another signing or two, but it’s just so… slow…

I’ve no idea how we haven’t got a forward over the line yet.

Would have been magnificent to get Collins in & then follow it up with another signing or two, but it’s just so… slow…

I thought Benteke/ Ben Yedder was imminent?

A lot of it is because of how the world is now in terms of how we consume information.

No-one would have batted an eyelid 20 years ago at us going 14 days without a signing (that's all it is, Collins signed on the 12th of July). It's an apparent crisis if it happens now.

Plus we don't like to leak who we're after as some other clubs do (City are playing that game with Cucurella right now, the dicks), so reliable information on targets is thin on the ground. The majority of our signings come out of nowhere on that front.

I don't mind waiting for a good forward. We do need one. I'm sure it would be fairly simple to sign Christian Benteke but he is shit and on stupid money, so no thanks.

I knew the disparity was big but not quite that big.

If it is true then I don't see the issue in offering 40k per week, it's a huge increase.
PL players don’t get paid that particularly good ones. Donck is on 80k allegedly. Adama as a championship punt was on 40 odd.

It’s all bollocks anyway. Why would a player who Liverpool want come to Wolves? He can just stay there a year, play in the CL then move to Liverpool.

Just what I got sent, but comments like this & the other few I’ve clocked mean I’ll keep it to myself next time ;)
Not like you to have a thin skin Jinks. 😉

I was just adhering to your sig.

Just what I got sent, but comments like this & the other few I’ve clocked mean I’ll keep it to myself next time ;)
Don't. A slight chance of a bit of ITK is better than nothing ha.

Surely it's him OR Lingard, not both?

Plus they have already spent a lot.

I hope not.

Would be very disappointed if this happens.

If true a replacement must be lined up otherwise it’s utter stupidity
How many times we going to see this before we all realise this is Wolves!

EDIT - DW said it quicker and better

Very true the words stupidity and the current wolves regime go very hand in hand.
It’s like paying for a Michelin star menu but being served egg and chips every time you eat out.

Jota was "replaced" by Fabio (who we expected to play very little meaningful football, isn't even remotely similar as a player)
MGW was loaned out and replaced by literally no-one, this wasn't even a year ago
Adama was loaned out, "replaced" by Chiquinho who again played far more than we initially thought
Lower key but Trincao has gone (shite but he did play a fair bit), not replaced, Mir was an option in theory, not replaced, Otasowie played games, left, not replaced, Vitinha wasn't replaced at all regardless of how many minutes he racked up

If we *do* sell him and immediately bring someone else in it would be a break from what we've seen since summer 2020.

Don’t see that happening at all. I think there’s still some rumours floating about because he was probably available for a reasonable price at the start of the window. But after his performances in pre-season so far, the fact he allows us to play in a certain way, Lage loves him (making him captain the other day, even if it was a “meaningless friendly”), he won’t be on big wages compared to others and the fact we have such a small squad as it is; unless he’s pushed for a move (which I highly doubt), I don’t see us selling.

A productive season in the PL and he’ll double his price.

PL players don’t get paid that particularly good ones. Donck is on 80k allegedly. Adama as a championship punt was on 40 odd.

It’s all bollocks anyway. Why would a player who Liverpool want come to Wolves? He can just stay there a year, play in the CL then move to Liverpool.

If Liverpool wanted him he wouldn't still be available, when they identify someone they want and there's other clubs sniffing around they don't mess about, Diaz for instance.

Nunes isn't a good premier League player is he, he's a punt in the same way Adama was.

Back