• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Because my common sense tells me not to. Anderlecht don't have the money to pay 100% of near 60k a week do they?
They could do, seems a lot but there isn't a lot of information on wages out there.

Anybody's common sense (not just yours) is as accurate as any of the rumours.

It wouldn't shock me if Nunes was on £13k, Fabio on £60k, Donk on £90k and Moutinho on £100k.

I'll be fucking raging if we sell MGW unless his replacement is in before he goes and is an obvious upgrade. I'm so excited to see us play attacking football AND have a proper academy product be integral that. That's ignoring the fact we need a bare minimum of two players of starting pedigree to come in anyway

Screenshot_20220726-195109_Samsung Internet.jpg
Not so much the 1/4 to Forest that's telling here, but the 11/4 to stay. I'd say it's happening

Because my common sense tells me not to. Anderlecht don't have the money to pay 100% of near 60k a week do they?

I agree it seems like it would presumably make him comfortably their top earner. But clubs do daft things, like us paying £120k a week for Trincao and then £6m to not sign the prick.

I do think he'll be really good for them though, but whether he pays for himself is another matter! Look out for a sale to grasshoppers or a Mendes carousel club though, may well complete the picture!

Scott Sellars trending 4th highest in the UK on twitter. I’m going to guess thats not a good thing..

This feels very much like when there was ‘no way’ the Jota rumours were true. If someone is willing to pay the money we’ll sell him regardless of how it affects the squad

Even if this isn't true we are going to have this all the way up to deadline day unless he signs a deal. Should be fun...

If Liverpool wanted him he wouldn't still be available, when they identify someone they want and there's other clubs sniffing around they don't mess about, Diaz for instance.

Nunes isn't a good premier League player is he, he's a punt in the same way Adama was.
I have no idea how good he is. I just heard he was smashing it in the CL, pep loved him, Wolves fans say he’s the best thing since sliced bread, linked in the press with the big clubs.

I don’t know if Liverpool want him now, but maybe next year. And he’s comfortable to stay in Lisbon, playing in the CL, rather than move to midtable Wolves now.

A player of his alledged quality isn’t coming to Wolves. Don’t know why people are even entertaining it

I’ll be fuming if they sell MGW now when it looks like he’s finally on the verge of a good season for us.

If he's still adamant he wants to leave then you can understand the club selling him.

However, having assumedly known this for ages, they really should be all over replacing him asap. If they don't have someone lined up then they're morons and the fans will rightfully be fuming with them.

Just a reminder that bookies odds do not reflect how likely something is to happen, but how much money has been placed on it.
MGW moving will be a tiny market, someone sticking a tenner on him to Forest because his mate down the pub is itk will skew it massively.

Nah, the fans will say it’s a good deal, they never liked MGW cos he’s giving it the billy big bollocks on instagram, and they’ve never rated him

I have no idea how good he is. I just heard he was smashing it in the CL, pep loved him, Wolves fans say he’s the best thing since sliced bread, linked in the press with the big clubs.

I don’t know if Liverpool want him now, but maybe next year. And he’s comfortable to stay in Lisbon, playing in the CL, rather than move to midtable Wolves now.

A player of his alledged quality isn’t coming to Wolves. Don’t know why people are even entertaining it

He's potentially world class, however that's what it is potential. He's not the finished article and wouldn't get in Liverpool's side currently.

It’s like we’re being run by Frank Spencer and Alan Partridge

Just a reminder that bookies odds do not reflect how likely something is to happen, but how much money has been placed on it.
MGW moving will be a tiny market, someone sticking a tenner on him to Forest because his mate down the pub is itk will skew it massively.
Which is why I said it's not the Forest price that's instructive, it's the staying at Wolves one which is. Much longer than players normally are in these markets

Id take the bet that that forest information is bullshit at 11/4. But I’d lose money if we let him go on the last day after an underwhelming start from him or us not playing him.

And E&S Liam has just supported that as I type via TT

Back