• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

0.32 goals/90' last season for him (or, 1 goal every 284 minutes).

Dunno how that stands in relation to our current forwards. Probably not too much worse, if at all.

Still, is that the output you want to pay for? I don't.

0.32 goals/90' last season for him (or, 1 goal every 284 minutes).

Dunno how that stands in relation to our current forwards. Probably not too much worse, if at all.

Still, is that the output you want to pay for? I don't.

It's better than any of our forwards.

I think you have to be fair. He featured in 31 games across all competitions last season but was literally a sub for 20 of them - and the majority of those he was given 10 or less minutes to try and do something. You can spin stats any way to suit an argument.

There's also no way in knowing how well he'll do here under a different manager, with different surroundings, different tactics & teammates etc. My main point was, I wouldn't be too dissatisfied with him being signed to compete/jobshare with Raul, as I reckon he'd score a few himself, but also create opportunities/openings for others.
There's a reason he doesn't start for Palace. And it's not because his face doesn't fit.

He's just not very good and I'd be as disappointed as you are with Jeff if we sign him.

Traps it further than Hwang.

Does score goals though in the right environment.

I wonder what would have happened had we signed him in the January he was on loan at Villa (when he rejected us to stay there), not a stretch to say Villa probably wouldn't have come up, and we wouldn't have signed Cutrone?

Or scored a hat trick against us the following season. He's a finisher, who you need to feed in a certain way

I don't think he'd have been any good for us, we never create enough for players like that and his shite link play will have stuck out horribly.

Obviously would have been better than Cutrone.

I don’t want Benteke, mainly because he’s absolutely shit and also because he’d probably come in as the top earner at the club.

I don’t care if he scored more goals that Raul, he’s rubbish.

Luckily it’s all been started by sone Herbert on Twitter - surely we wouldn’t be so desperate and stupid to even entertain it?

That said, we spent £50m on Cutrone and Silva so anything’s possible.

What I find completely baffling is how we have not got £20m to go and get Dennis, Belloti, Broja or similar? I honestly can’t work it out.

What I find completely baffling is how we have not got £20m to go and get Dennis, Belloti, Broja or similar? I honestly can’t work it out.
All whilst the club turn the screw on the ST prices, and charge for fans to view glorified training matches.

Some talk on twatter of Cundle going out on loan, it would be good for Cundle and we'd have to hope it means we're signing someone

I don’t want Benteke, mainly because he’s absolutely shit and also because he’d probably come in as the top earner at the club.

Luckily it’s all been started by sone Herbert on Twitter - surely we wouldn’t be so desperate and stupid to even entertain it?

Weren't West Ham bidding 50%+ more than that for Broja a week to two ago?

Dennis isn't a centre forward and Chelsea want nearly double that for Broja.

I'd happily pay £35m for Broja, he'd get plenty of game time across the front three, and would probably find himself above Raul in the pecking order sooner rather than later

I don't know where it came from but I saw a Chelsea fan saying they'd had a 39 million bid/fee/asking price for Broja but that they wanted not to sell him, as think he'd be the next regrettable leaver.

Back