• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Tbh I'm not clever enough to know if Ronan is good enough for the Premier league till I've seen him play 4 or 5 games in the Premier league.

You could apply that to any player who hasn't played in the premier league before, nothing is 100% but I'm just giving my opinion based on what I've seen.

I think this is very sweeping. You can have not played in the PL and still have pedigree and physical attributes that makes success a strong possibility.

Ronan (and I'm not shitting on him here) hasn't even set the world alight at Championship level or equivalent, so none of us have seen him at a comparable level. He's a year younger than Neves.

I think this is very sweeping. You can have not played in the PL and still have pedigree and physical attributes that makes success a strong possibility.

Ronan (and I'm not shitting on him here) hasn't even set the world alight at Championship level or equivalent, so none of us have seen him at a comparable level. He's a year younger than Neves.

I agree you can.

In regards to Ronan, he has always been good technically but not there physically. He played a full season in a very physical league and in the games I saw him play, stood out.

Now, that doesn't mean I'd want him to play regularly for us, but as a 5th option in midfield he's likely fine as he's not going to be playing significantly, similar to how cundle was used to allow the latter to go out and get regular game time.

It's a bit of a daft debate in reality but I was bored at half time in the spurs rangers match.

If Raul is out for a while and we haven’t brought anyone in, what’s the plan? MGW false 9? What did we do when he went off yesterday?

Hwang has got a hip injury so it's not a very good plan. Especially with only one proper friendly left.

Don't worry he's back this week.

Reportedly Belotti wants to come to the PL and is being offered around to Everton, Newcastle and West Ham. If they are interested we won't compete with Newcastle on wages, but with West Ham signing a CF for £30m+ yesterday and Everton being shit we should at least get oursleves in the conversation. Doubt we will though

Belotti will go somewhere where he's guaranteed first choice I'd have thought, doubt Wolves will offer him that as long as Jimenez is about.

If Raul is out for a while and we haven’t brought anyone in, what’s the plan? MGW false 9? What did we do when he went off yesterday?

Quite fluid tbh. All 3 had spells as the false 9, if I'm honest I thought we looked better than when Raul was there but it's not a long term fix.

Cundle's little cameo as the false 9 intrigued me yesterday, not that I think he'd be any sort of answer to that problem in the PL at the moment but he looked much livelier there than in his few deeper midfield appearances last season.

Cundle's little cameo as the false 9 intrigued me yesterday, not that I think he'd be any sort of answer to that problem in the PL at the moment but he looked much livelier there than in his few deeper midfield appearances last season.

It was the same at Newcastle away last season. Final 15 while we were chasing he was pushed right up and was much more lively.

Personally don’t see a fat lot wrong with it. We aren’t signing anyone any good, we aren’t signing a prospect. So it’s a cheap option for a year and hope Fabio comes in next Year.

It’s a current upgrade on Fabio

Back