• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I'd say Ronan is pushing it. He's not really got any business being on the bench in a time where you can make 5 subs I think you need most of them need to be viable options to bring on.
I don't disagree, but would say Hoever proved he's the same. At the end of last season none of the players who have left were first 11, 2 of those in my list should be. Obviously we need more.

I don't disagree, but would say Hoever proved he's the same. At the end of last season none of the players who have left were first 11, 2 of those in my list should be. Obviously we need more.
As well as being fairly light on numbers It's the same issue as before really in that we are well stocked in certain areas and absolutely no cover in others. Balance of the squad is still not right.

He wouldn't be though would he, we would never ever ever pick him out of choice and we would never expect he would score any goals.

Would be just pointless.
Well by default, he actually would. As we don't have a back up to Raul right now.

I'm not suggesting we sign Gayle right now, but if at 23.55 on deadline day we haven't signed a striker, I would then.

I mean that shit is no better than Carl Hoddle being on our books. Somehow goes under the radar though.
It went under the radar with Hoddle too, it was fucking disgraceful, and giving him a new 2 year contract just a day or so before Hoddle himself resigned should have lead to us suing G Hoddle.

As it stands

Out Ruddy, Saiss, Marcal, Trincao, Hoever, Fabio
In MGW, Collins, Sarkic, Ronan, Traore

It's not that much different in numbers and has probably improved in first team quality. It's light but a net loss of 6 isnt accurate at the moment
I understand why you have included Traore in the "In" category, but he played a lot of games last season, so not sure it really counts.

Well by default, he actually would. As we don't have a back up to Raul right now.

I'm not suggesting we sign Gayle right now, but if at 23.55 on deadline day we haven't signed a striker, I would then.
Why though?

He isn't better than what we have. We have two strikers we don't want to use in Cutrone and Bonatini. If we had to use them I would expect them to score 2 goals a season at absolute best. If we signed Dwight Gayle I would not want to use him and would expect him to score 2 goals a season at best.

We don't want to sign total shit.

It’s not 1 in. The loan players have come In.

Sarkic - upgrade on Ruddy
Collins - upgrade on Saiss
MGW - upgrade on Trincao
Traore - meh but he can have more impact from bench than Fabio did.
Ronan - Marcal isn’t needed, I’d rather Ronan play CM than Cundle.

We’re one short in Hoever who was a waste of time. We now have a fully fit Jonny and Bueno is a talent
I understand why you have included Traore in the "In" category, but he played a lot of games last season, so not sure it really counts.
Yeah but Neto took Traore’s place in the squad. We now have both.

Why though?

He isn't better than what we have. We have two strikers we don't want to use in Cutrone and Bonatini. If we had to use them I would expect them to score 2 goals a season at absolute best. If we signed Dwight Gayle I would not want to use him and would expect him to score 2 goals a season at best.

We don't want to sign total shit.
I think Gayle is better than both of them, and probably on lower wages, but anyway it's all moot, it's not going to happen.

Gayle was always on serious wedge at Newcastle. That’s why Albion kept loaning him rather than buy.

Like most others I I wouldn't be that concerned about selling Dendoncker in isolation, but would need replacing. Bruno and Nuno know better than me, but if you look at how we set up the other night, I'd have him sat behind Neves and Moutinho if that's the 3 you are playing, also can drop in as a 3 if that's required for 10 mins to control a game for example, but that doesn't seem to ever happen

It’s not 1 in. The loan players have come In.

Sarkic - upgrade on Ruddy
Collins - upgrade on Saiss
MGW - upgrade on Trincao
Traore - meh but he can have more impact from bench than Fabio did.
Ronan - Marcal isn’t needed, I’d rather Ronan play CM than Cundle.

We’re one short in Hoever who was a waste of time. We now have a fully fit Jonny and Bueno is a talent

Yeah but Neto took Traore’s place in the squad. We now have both.
What makes you think Ronan is better than Cundle.

Ronan is not good enough, Cundle is and will be, I would orefer bundle to play Championship football for next season though

What makes you think Ronan is better than Cundle.

Ronan is not good enough, Cundle is and will be, I would orefer bundle to play Championship football for next season though

Ronan is no worse than some of the players other teams have making regular premier league appearances.

Macallister at Brighton and Tom Davies at Everton immediately spring to mind. Even someone like Harry Winks who's had England caps is the epitome of average.

As someone who is likely to only be used in an emergency or later in games I don't see having him around as an issue, rather that than spend 10m on someone who's probably going to fill the same role.

Ronan is no worse than some of the players other teams have making regular premier league appearances.

Macallister at Brighton and Tom Davies at Everton immediately spring to mind. Even someone like Harry Winks who's had England caps is the epitome of average.

As someone who is likely to only be used in an emergency or later in games I don't see having him around as an issue, rather that than spend 10m on someone who's probably going to fill the same role.
I think we'd all rather sign a first team midfielder given the amount of links we've had with one.

I think we'd all rather sign a first team midfielder given the amount of links we've had with one.

Of course but then if we are sending cundle on loan you've still got to fill that spot aswell.

None of us have seen enough of Ronan at this level to fully say but there are a lot of footballers to whom even being 'average' in the PL would take some work. He could very well be significantly below average for where we want to be.

I'd prefer a stronger midfield first team signing, if only to prevent us relying on Moutinho for 40+ games

None of us have seen enough of Ronan at this level to fully say but there are a lot of footballers to whom even being 'average' in the PL would take some work. He could very well be significantly below average for where we want to be.

I'd prefer a stronger midfield first team signing, if only to prevent us relying on Moutinho for 40+ games

You could apply that to any player who hasn't played in the premier league before, nothing is 100% but I'm just giving my opinion based on what I've seen.

Back