• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Getting in players to replace Adama , Donk and whoever else is the stumbling block . It clearly is not that easy unless you have a magic money tree .
Also - does Donk want to leave......that's another issue . Maybe he is perfectly happy , then if he shows improvement this season - then I'd be keeping him .
A lot of the mid table clubs are finding it hard to close out deals this Summer .
Newcastle - how many have they signed ? Not many at all and they're loaded .

Signing players tends to be a long drawn out process these days .
I suggest you have a look at the accounts if you think we need a magic money tree.

I'm not so sure, the way he was reading/anticipating those passes into the forwards and picking their pockets in the early part of the season suggests to me he does have the anticipation and positioning. However I think sometimes his positioning can look poor because he gets isolated, sometimes of his own making.
He was allowed to do that because Lage had instructed him to do it. Because we were playing the higher line, he didn’t want Coady to sweep like he did for Nuno as his lack of pace was a problem (Lage said it himself). So to nullify this he was allowed to go and engage higher and we’d still have two CBs behind.

As for the pace comparisons. Kilman is miles quicker, and Boly was, although he did look like a tugboat the end of last year. Coady constantly looks like he’s towing a caravan.

I also haven’t said he can’t play in a 4 (I know others have), he’s just not as good as other players already here. He’ not a 6ft 4 power house like the other 3 and he’s much slower. No level of adaptation is going to make him bigger or quicker which are fundamentals.

As for Dendoncker. He’s been mismanaged and asked to play on roles unfamiliar, but he’s still bang average. He loses far to many duels for a DM who doesn’t contribute much else with the ball and he doesn’t fit this 433 at all. Not got Neves passing range at the base and offers nothing as an 8.

I wouldn’t actively sell him as we are short there as it is. But if someone is going to pay for him and take his alledged big wages off the books for a squad player then no one can be silly enough to Turn that down.

It's you who slipped our recruitment team Hwang's name, isn't it!?
Not my ideal choices but if we have no money and want to improve they are players who would cost nothing to buy, if we are struggling to fund transfers.

As I said in my post "off the top of my head".

Not saying Ben Mee is great, but he is a better defender than Coady.
Not saying John Swift is great but he would do better than donk in the attacking midfielder role
Lingard will get more goals & assists than Traore.

Obviously there are better options out there if we've got money to spend.

Fox in the box though, not had one of those for a long time :)

I'm only interested if we have a snotter in midfield to underpin that mega poaching.

What's Glenn Whelan up to these days? Would make more tackles than Luke Cundle.

The point I was making is that there are options who I think are better than what we've got, options that we could realistically go for (available and no transfer fee) and as I said "off the top of my head".

And if that's true, then surely with a bit more thought and a bit of money then upgrading Coady, Donk & Traore is do-able.

But don't let that stop a good TWF pile in.

Yeah, but the point is no-one else thinks those players are better.

Can we upgrade on them, of course we can, should we sign total shit just because, of course we shouldn't.

Swift? John Swift? John just turned up at the Albion from Reading Swift? And he is better than a Belgian International?

Are you taking the piss?

Gayle would be a better back to Raul than we currently have....
He wouldn't be though would he, we would never ever ever pick him out of choice and we would never expect he would score any goals.

Would be just pointless.

As we clearly aren’t going to let Fabio out on loan without a change to that back up I would suggest revisiting that in a couple of weeks.

Back